steveandlisa

Free Member
Jan 2, 2012
south east
Funster No
MH
6 birth
Exp
can someone please advise me of the best cleaning products there are out there for my motorhome? i dont have driveway so its parked on road , i hate the covers so i need to prevent the streaks and moss, my van is new so it gleams nicely and honestly every six weeks i clean it , but what i want to know is , what is the best cleaning product out there

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we use autoglym products, and a good coat of wax does help keep the grime out of the paintwork. There are specialty caravan/motorhome cleaners and polish you can get from a caravan shop

Upvote 0

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Autoglym here as well:thumb:
please dont say fenwick's,it's garbage:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
autoglym is about as good as it gets.
some people like mer though as you can add a quantity to your washing water.

if you are lazy though the good old turtlewax shampoo is ok too.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
SNAP
Oh and theres something that boat people use on their bottoms that we use on the fibreglass luton that brings up the shine ! Cant remember the name of it though.

Upvote 0

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
We cheated and went for Dimond Bright, not cheap but you do get a bag of goodies to clean everything as part of the deal plus a lifetime guarantee too. The van is parked right next to the sea, on our unmade road, so lots of dirt and dust, as yet we have not washed it since it was done and it still looks like it just stepped out of the showroom!

Good Luck
Steveutwg:Cool:

Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
SNAP
Oh and theres something that boat people use on their bottoms that we use on the fibreglass luton that brings up the shine ! Cant remember the name of it though.

is it vertglass?

Upvote 0

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
I was advised not to use polish as it can damage the gel coating on the habitation bodywork. So I wash off using Pampervan Link Removed which is demonstrated at many of the shows, followed by a rinse using Fenwick's Bobby Dazzler.
Geoff.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Some strong opinions here, I'll add mine, Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler is brilliant, you dont need to polish your vehicle every time you clean it, wash it with any cleaner (even washing up liquid) hose it down then spray (I use a garden spray) with Bobby Dazzler and watch the rinse water just roll off but then you must leather the vehicle to bring up a brilliant shine!!l:thumb:

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Thats strange. I use Fenwick's and its great. The Bobby dazzler is OK, once its been cleaned, just brush it on and leave it.

The stuff boat owners use for their boats is Starbright. Its American but you can get it from ships chandlers. I've used it on my fibre glass mh.
Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That Starbright makes a good product, I use the Awning Cleaner, never knew they made a polish tho. I'll get some 'cause the f/g bubble overcab is all dull, thanks for that tip!:thumb:

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
SNAP
Oh and theres something that boat people use on their bottoms[/I] that we use on the fibreglass luton that brings up the shine ! Cant remember the name of it though.

...............Angle Grinder . . . then anti-foul.:ROFLMAO:

Nothing worse than a "Foul Bottom", especially in the motorhome!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back