Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
If you are trying to find out if you comply

If you are trying to find out if you comply with Transport for London (TFL) emission controls you can go to there web site and enter your motor home registration number and it will tell you if you are compliant or not with the new rules that came in on the 1st January 2012.

Bob

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks bob but no i ain't trying to find out if it complies i want to get 1 which does not have this fitted all the reports about these exhaust systems seems negative

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think it is based on the engine

You should be able to find out what Euro mark it is from those that supplied it (based on engine number / chassis number) and then you can check what sort of equipment it has.... Sounds a bit new to me to require extra equipment to be fitted, I thought it was just the engine that was adjusted to make it cleaner? but I am sure someone will pick up on the post and have more knowledge on the subject.

Bob

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Link Removed
thats where i got the info from and been reading all sorts of bad press on them

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
learn something new every day

Well you learnt something new every day... but I do not they only mention cars and not commercial based vehicles.. what does it say in your hand book?

I would have concerns with this as commercials are often used on delivery rounds and in traffic all day and not on open highways to clear the system. But somehow I think it does not apply to motorhome chassis types and the engines they use.

But then I could be worn...

Bob

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
sorry i should have said i haven't bought my mh yet but i'm eliminating all hic ups i can foresee

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thats where i got the info from and been reading all sorts of bad press on them

Very very annoying. Yet another road to hell paved with good intentions.

Don't buy petrol either because the ethanol being put in the fuel to save the planet will dissolve your carburettor, fuel injection, tank.

Best solution, a good old gypsy horse drawn home.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,- again not 100 % sure but I think they clean themselves when the engine reaches full operating temps rather than having to give them a 30 min blast up the m/way-so a delivery van would be OK because although starting and stopping it gets to the right temp-It more than likely will not affect the M/H as they tend not to do lots of short journeys before doing a long one
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Bill, unlewss you are going to drive your motorhome exclusively at low speeds in an urban environment the presence of a DPF is unlikely to cause you problems. Open road motoring for longer distances will get the DPF hot enough for it to regenrate and stay clean and active. I've yet to meet a motorhome owner who only ever does short low speed journeys in their motorhome, its kind of the antithesis of owning a motorhome.

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Bill, unless you are going to drive your motorhome exclusively at low speeds in an urban environment the presence of a DPF is unlikely to cause you problems. Open road motoring for longer distances will get the DPF hot enough for it to regenrate and stay clean and active. I've yet to meet a motorhome owner who only ever does short low speed journeys in their motorhome, its kind of the antithesis of owning a motorhome.

D.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok well looks like my problems may have been solve we dont intend to drive the mh at short journey so hopefully this problem with the exhaust will not affect us thanks everyone for your help and advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back