Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Our passports have now expired and we were not proposing to renew them unless we decide to go abroad. Now the question of a seperate Scotland rears it's ugly head.
As we were thinking of touring Scotland in ther summer, do you think we will need a passport to get in, and more importantly get out again ::bigsmile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I can see Hadrian's wall getting a renovation.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Our passports have now expired and we were not proposing to renew them unless we decide to go abroad. Now the question of a seperate Scotland rears it's ugly head.
As we were thinking of touring Scotland in ther summer, do you think we will need a passport to get in, and more importantly get out again ::bigsmile:

If you are as you say going for their summer, well it's only one day in August, you won't need a pass-port

................just a cheap day return! . . .Griff
:roflmto:

Philb

Free Member
Aug 3, 2011
Carmarthen Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you let your passport lapse then decide to get a new one in the future you may have to undertake the interview etc, whereas renewing is just a paper exercise....

Just something to think about.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never mind Scotland......if you intend getting there via the east coast you'll need one to pass through Yorkshire.

we dont just let any old riff-raff in ya know :winky:

and...allegedly you don't legally need a passport to enter an EU country from the UK, just a photo ID (or was that Ireland :Doh:)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Our passports have now expired and we were not proposing to renew them unless we decide to go abroad.
We are in process of renewing our passports-it's going to take 2-3 weeks-we feel trapped in UK until new ones arrive !!
The essence of motor homing is to be able to say-right,we'll nip over to France for a few weeks-and then just go.We couldnt be doing with having to think far enough in advance to apply for and get new passports,which could take a lot longer if we've let them lapse.

Mike

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The referendum will not happen till 2013 or more likely 2014 if Alex Salmond has his way.

Then it would take time to actually implement.

If it ever did happen, Scotland would probably have the same sot of mutual relationship that UK has with Ireland where no passports are required between the two countries.

So if you only thinking of going to Scotland and nowhere "foreign", don't worry and save your money...

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
passports

ours lapsed last year we have just renewed last week filled forms in at post office only needed to renew our photos we have booked a cruise so had to do it :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
never mind Scotland......if you intend getting there via the east coast you'll need one to pass through Yorkshire.

we dont just let any old riff-raff in ya know :winky:

and...allegedly you don't legally need a passport to enter an EU country from the UK, just a photo ID (or was that Ireland :Doh:)

You need a new sat nav, John, if it's saying you have to pass through Yorkshire to get to Scotland from Fenham :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I wouldn't worry, to be honest, if Scotland get's it's independence it won't be worth visiting anymore. :roflmto:

I know quite a few Scots and none of them want it. I'm guessing this is a general consensus.

Can you imagine it now? People moan about Eastern Europeans coming over and "stealing our jobs", think how many Scots you see in England and Wales, will everyone start moaning about them? :roflmto:

Also, I just can't see how it stacks up. Scotland doesn't generate enough revenue. Of course, there's the oil, but if independence is granted, you can be sure that the debate on whether Scotland own NSO if raised again. Then it'll be another Argentina... :ROFLMAO:

But as already mentioned, you don't actually need a passport to travel within the EU countries.......then again, Scotland would probably want to not be in the EU.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I thought there was still a boarder control at Watford Gap

Are you telling me there is no more passport control at Watford Gap????:Smile:

I think we Brits need to have a visa system installed and anyone coming South needs to apply.. then we could keep this idiot in Scotland out of the South.. boy he has some funny ideas. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mind you the best passport control is the high tolls for crossing from Wales....

Bob

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Our passports have now expired and we were not proposing to renew them unless we decide to go abroad.
We are in process of renewing our passports-it's going to take 2-3 weeks-we feel trapped in UK until new ones arrive !!
The essence of motor homing is to be able to say-right,we'll nip over to France for a few weeks-and then just go[HI].We couldnt be doing with having to think far enough in advance to apply [/HI]for and get new passports,which could take a lot longer if we've let them lapse.

Mike

Bit like booking a pitch on a Caravan Club site really:roflmto:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Yes you will need a passport and rumour has it their Police (or POLISE as they will be known as in the future) are targeting toad vehicles too.

My advice to anyone unfortunate to have the surname "Longshanks" is best to avoid entering the country.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I wouldn't worry, to be honest, if Scotland get's it's independence it won't be worth visiting anymore. :roflmto:

I know quite a few Scots and none of them want it. I'm guessing this is a general consensus.

Can you imagine it now? People moan about Eastern Europeans coming over and "stealing our jobs", think how many Scots you see in England and Wales, will everyone start moaning about them? :roflmto:

Also, I just can't see how it stacks up. Scotland doesn't generate enough revenue. Of course, there's the oil, but if independence is granted, you can be sure that the debate on whether Scotland own NSO if raised again. Then it'll be another Argentina... :ROFLMAO:

But as already mentioned, you don't actually need a passport to travel within the EU countries.......then again, Scotland would probably want to not be in the EU.

With regards the oil you mention, I have heard from my sources that the USA plans to invade Scotland on humanitarian grounds and whilst there they will cut a deal with the oil. The humanitarian grounds have not been decided yet and they have sought out a former British Prime Minister for him to spin up some half baked idea.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
People moan about Eastern Europeans coming over and "stealing our jobs", think how many Scots you see in England and Wales, will everyone start moaning about them?

Now that has me very confused !

Exactly what do you mean when you say START moaning about them ???? ::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
It got mentioned on the telly this morning that if Scotland was to become independent, they would automatically lose their membership of the European union, and if they wanted to apply to join the European union, that its now a requirement for all new members to join the Euro as well, I wonder if Alex will mention that. :roflmto:

As we know Scots are very careful with their money, I can see that going down like a lead balloon.

Ian

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We went to Shetland a couple of years ago sailing from Aberdeen, needed a passport to board the ferry both ways.

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back