Siemens solar panels available in the UK? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Just got round to discovering the make and model of the solar panel fitted to our newly aquired van, it's a Siemens SP70/SP75 at 70 or 75w.

Have spent 10 minutes looking around the net and can't find a retailer of Siemens panels in the UK. I'm probably missing them but have to say there are loads in the USA but no obvious retail outlets either here or in Germany (surprised).

Have they pulled out of the market or just selling into a different type of market? Have I missed the obvious?

I want to double the capacity and would prefer to match the panels make for make, but not if I can't buy them I suppose.

Thanks

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Hi again :winky:...

I just googled siemens solar panel uk and got loads of sites up :whatthe:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Just got round to discovering the make and model of the solar panel fitted to our newly aquired van, it's a Siemens SP70/SP75 at 70 or 75w.

Have spent 10 minutes looking around the net and can't find a retailer of Siemens panels in the UK. I'm probably missing them but have to say there are loads in the USA but no obvious retail outlets either here or in Germany (surprised).

Have they pulled out of the market or just selling into a different type of market? Have I missed the obvious?

I want to double the capacity and would prefer to match the panels make for make, but not if I can't buy them I suppose.

Thanks

Interesting reading your post . For solar panel fitting , are they like leisure batteries where advice seems to be if fitting 2 , try and get a matched pair ?

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Interesting reading your post . For solar panel fitting , are they like leisure batteries where advice seems to be if fitting 2 , try and get a matched pair ?

Don't know if that's the case but have read that Siemens make a quality panel and I'm all for quality if I can afford it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Don't know if that's the case but have read that Siemens make a quality panel and I'm all for quality if I can afford it.

Yes , I"m the same as you , go for quality if affordable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back