Best sticky tape to attach Carbon Monoxide Alarms (1 Viewer)

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
I tried some cheap double sided tape to stick my carbon monoxide alarms to the hab area plastic ceiling.

Unfortunately they fell off and i was wondering if funsters know the best sticky tape to use. I dont want to screw them into ceiling.

Can anyone tell me the best tape to use please?? :Mellow:

-

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
£2.50 thats more like it, aldi's have been doing loads of different stick on valcro, small dots, big dots, strips, all in black or white:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Or this then

Link Removed

-

I use Velcro self adhesive peel of back for my smoke alarm...but it all depends on what size and weight the carbon monoxide or the smoke alarms are...mine are small.......if its a large type and you are on a bumpy road...you may, you may not have a problem ...I purchased my Velcro from Lidl about 3 meters in total...1m of black hook & loop....1meter of brown hook & loop....1m of white hook & loop...all in a pack for around 3 to 4 euros absolutely Brill
:thumb:

Upvote 0

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
3M pads are the best. It's what our CM Alarm is stuck on with and no problems yet.

Similar to this - Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if there is a car paint workshop local to you then ask if they have a few scraps of double sided tape used to fix trim/badges etc. to paintwork.

sticks like sh&t to a woollen blanket.

I've used it for all kinds of jobs in the motorhome including fitting aerial pole clamps to the rear panel....and they don't come off.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Or try double sided adhesive foam pads from the local motor factors, the ones used for number plates, pennies to buy.

Craig

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back