LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is the van/engine battery also charged when on EHU on an Autotrail Cheyenne ?.

Form your own opinion, it's the only sure way. Hook up. Wait an hour. Measure battery voltage ( any battery ), if it's 13V or over it's being charged.

If anyone says "yes it is" then they are failing to say "yes it should be if your vehicle is working to specification". Same if they say "No" because if you have not owned it from new someone may have fitted a cross charging circuit.

Voltmeter - £5 tp £10. Worth every penny.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
ehu

Hi, my charger charges up the van battery if you press the controller pad symbol, Ive got a cheyenne 635, on my pad its the second from the left on the top row :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for the reply's, what I meant to ask then was is it "supposed " to charge it ?.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Thanks for the reply's, what I meant to ask then was is it "supposed " to charge it ?.

Yes it is supposed to charge your lesuire and cab battery but only one at a time you need to select cab battery on your controler above the door to switch over to cab :thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Battery Master

If you want to charge both and not worry about having to switch them manually then get yourself a Van Bitz Battery Master, I have just fitted one to our Autotrail Arapaho with a Fiat ducato, the engine battery would only last 4 to 6 weeks when parked up and not being charged.
We have a solar panel so hopefully this will now keep the engine battery topped up.
If when ordering tell them you are a funster and you get 15% discount, happy days. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you want to charge both and not worry about having to switch them manually then get yourself a Van Bitz Battery Master, I have just fitted one to our Autotrail Arapaho with a Fiat ducato, the engine battery would only last 4 to 6 weeks when parked up and not being charged.
We have a solar panel so hopefully this will now keep the engine battery topped up.
If when ordering tell them you are a funster and you get 15% discount, happy days. :thumb:

Sound interesting, do you leave the split charge relay in place with the vanbitz batt master ?.

Attachments

• vanbitzbatterymaster.jpg
    vanbitzbatterymaster.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 22
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
van bitz

There is an excellent info source on here about the battery master just type battery master into the search engine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back