Fire Extinguisher (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Got a nice 950grm powder fire extinguisher from Aldi today £7.95 the shelf life is the end of 2016, my last one just past it's expiry date and was thankfully unused!!:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
saw these myself but just under 1kg.....if you do have a fire just hope and pray its only a little one and you can get to it fast. :Sad:

i think mine is a 3kg and it's to be replaced/accompanied by a 9kg commercial one, when i remember to get it out the garage. :Doh:

heavy, but worth the extra weight for the extended fire fighting time.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
saw these myself but just under 1kg.....if you do have a fire just hope and pray its only a little one and you can get to it fast. :Sad:

i think mine is a 3kg and it's to be replaced/accompanied by a 9kg commercial one, when i remember to get it out the garage. :Doh:

:Eeek:I hope you carry a good vacuum cleaner as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gooney
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Fair point John but to be honest if a fire couldn't be put out in under 2 minutes I think the amount of damage it would cause would justify me expecting a write off from the insurance company. :Blush:

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
a couple of years ago we were stopping in new forest when the fire brigade came around the site offering people advice on fire safety. i had a in date fire extiguisher.They inspected it and gave me this advice.If your motorhome catches fire.get everyone out.dont try fighting the fire. the extinguishers that the caravan & motorhome companys supply are a waste of time.you can always replace your motorhome.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back