Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Can any owners of this awning help me?

Im interested in buying a Kampa Rally 390L (or XL) awning.

Web sites state rail height of between 250 - 270 cm high for large and 270-290 for XL. Is this the measurement from the slot gap in the awning to the floor to get the right height? Or from the top of the awning to the floor?

The length of my awning is 3.5 metres. The length of the 390 is well 3.9 metres. Does this mean that its going to be too large anyway if fitting with gap in Fiamma awning?

Any help appreciated

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
generally it would be the height of the awning rail and yes...too long by 400mm

you may also find, as the awning rail is 3" to 4" proud of the van side (unless you have a flush fit awning), there will be a gap at the top of the end panels.

you could fit a secondary awning track, caravan style, above or below the windout awning

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Mountain tiger,

I will try to answer your questions.

I have a Kampa 390l. The height of the side is taken from the underside of the roll out awning.

Whilst the length of the Kampa is stated as 390cm the beading that slots into the awning is actaully over 4m long as there is a strengthening web between the bead and the side of the kampa. So you may want to do what I have done.

I found that fitting it into the rollout awning whilst this works it does produce a gap between the side of the MH and the Kampa awning at the top. What I have done is to fix a peice of straight awning rail,(available from most caravan shops), the length of the Kampa bead to the side of the MH under the roll out awning using sikaflex. This produces a much better seal to the side of the MH, and prevents any rain leakage through the top of the awning.

Edit: If you do the above get the aluminium rail not the plastic one that some shops sell, it is not big enough for the beading to slide easily into.

Ambilkate (another funster) may be along to give you more info as the have a sundance 630g which the fit a Kampa390xl to.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Hi Mountain tiger,

I will try to answer your questions.

I have a Kampa 390l. The height of the side is taken from the underside of the roll out awning.

Whilst the length of the Kampa is stated as 390cm the beading that slots into the awning is actaully over 4m long as there is a strengthening web between the bead and the side of the kampa. So you may want to do what I have done.

I found that fitting it into the rollout awning whilst this works it does produce a gap between the side of the MH and the Kampa awning at the top. What I have done is to fix a peice of straight awning rail,(available from most caravan shops), the length of the Kampa bead to the side of the MH under the roll out awning using sikaflex. This produces a much better seal to the side of the MH, and prevents any rain leakage through the top of the awning.

Edit: If you do the above get the aluminium rail not the plastic one that some shops sell, it is not big enough for the beading to slide easily into.

Ambilkate (another funster) may be along to give you more info as the have a sundance 630g which the fit a Kampa390xl to.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Lunarman

Thanks Lunarman

It sounds like i need to decide whether to put up with 4" gap, or add the rail. Does the rail fit almost right under roll out awning? My hab door top is very close to bottom of roll out awning already so unclear if there would be room to add rail.

Thanks for response..

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The rail can go right up to the rollout awning.

Why not PM Ambilkate they will be able to tell you about the door as they have the same van.

Best of luck

Lunarman

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
The rail can go right up to the rollout awning.

Why not PM Ambilkate they will be able to tell you about the door as they have the same van.

Best of luck

Lunarman

Hi, Thanks John (Lunarman). Have sent a pm to Mountain tiger.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
would a drive-away one not be more suitable???
like the outdoor revolution movelite xl?? as that connects up to 290cm high.
and they seem to come up second hand quite often.

just a thought.

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
would a drive-away one not be more suitable???
like the outdoor revolution movelite xl?? as that connects up to 290cm high.
and they seem to come up second hand quite often.

just a thought.

Thanks Andy

I already have the Movelite XL, but as I dont tend to move once parked up on site, its functionality isnt really important to me.

I imagine being inside the Kampa Rally Awning sipping red wine wearing my dressing gown and fluffy slippers in the early evening looking out of the windows.. Just think the Kampa awning is more aesthetically pleasing:Smile:

Its a valid question though that you asked.....

-

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Andy
I imagine being inside the Kampa Rally Awning sipping red wine wearing my dressing gown and fluffy slippers in the early evening looking out of the windows.. Just think the Kampa awning is more aesthetically pleasing:Smile:
-

Now thats living :thumb:

Why not give Darren a ring and pick his brains and get 10% Funsters discount as well plus free delivery.

Happy New Year

Peter

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Now thats living :thumb:

Why not give Darren a ring and pick his brains and get 10% Funsters discount as well plus free delivery.

Happy New Year

Peter

Thanks Peter, do you actually sell the 390 large or extra large ones? I think id already checked your web site but couldnt find the Motor Rally versions

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks Peter, do you actually sell the 390 large or extra large ones? I think id already checked your web site but couldnt find the Motor Rally versions

Hi mountain tiger, dont forget you will also need the monsoon rails for the roof and the rear xl poles for the sides. We will be at the edan malton rally with fun if you want to see ours.

Kate & Bill

OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Hi mountain tiger, dont forget you will also need the monsoon rails for the roof and the rear xl poles for the sides. We will be at the edan malton rally with fun if you want to see ours.

Kate & Bill

Thanks guys you have been very helpful :thumb:

Now then where's edan malton!! time for google maps

-

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread