Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hello,

I`m a newbie to motorhomes and would like some help please if you can.
I have a budget of 15k to spend ,
Would a Fiat auto- trail scout 1997 with 36 k miles and very good condition be a wise buy?
We are 2 adults and 2 kids under 4 years old.
Will it devalue a lot over time?
Am i doing the right move with this one?
Thanks ,
joner

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi Joner and welcome. Not that I know much about these things but the price seems fair for a mh of that age. I think the main thing is to have a hab check done and know that the mechanics are ok. Also, IMO and from watching recent prices, they don't seem to be dropping much at the moment and once you go off in it, you'll want to be away all the time. I'm sure others will be long soon with their opinions but happy camping. ::bigsmile:

IOvy

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The layout of the van will be great for you.
We travel a lot with our 2 grandkids (now 6 & 4) so know the pitfalls..
As mentioned, you want a Habitation check with a vehicle that age and look carefully for any damp issues. ALSO althought it's "only" done 36k make sure that things like the cam belt and tyres have been changed with past 5 years, otherwise thats an expensive bill or barter down the price..

Pity your budget isnt higher as I have a 2005 Apache 700 (same layout) for sale..
www.apache700.freewebsace.com

Good luck with the search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
The layout of the van will be great for you.
We travel a lot with our 2 grandkids (now 6 & 4) so know the pitfalls..
As mentioned, you want a Habitation check with a vehicle that age and look carefully for any damp issues. ALSO althought it's "only" done 36k make sure that things like the cam belt and tyres have been changed with past 5 years, otherwise thats an expensive bill or barter down the price..

Pity your budget isnt higher as I have a 2005 Apache 700 (same layout) for sale..
Broken Link Removed

Good luck with the search.
Thanks for that, `i`m off today to look at the m/h.
That`s the main thing i am concerned about ,is how young ones will get on in it !
thanks,
joner

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Thanks for that, `i`m off today to look at the m/h.
That`s the main thing i am concerned about ,is how young ones will get on in it !
thanks,
joner

sorry to come in late on this, we have a scout and last year we took our grandsons ( only one at a time mind ) away with us, they were both under two last year and loved it, mind thier parants hace taken them camping/caravaning since a few months old. Just make sure you have a tv with c bebbies on just in case

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Scout is a great family layout, U shaped lounge and dinette. Kids and adults can be in separate areas if needs be, but can all fit either end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back