Route with costings for Toll roads? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we are starting to plan our next trip to Spain in February, and wondered if anyone knew of a map which would give the cost of toll roads along the route. I have checked on the French Toll route site and their route planner is good but it only gives the cost of diesel, not the cost of the tolls.

We have always gone via Rouen, Limoge and Toulous but looking on the map Rouen, Clement Ferand, Milau would seem to be quicker and have less toll roads.

Does anyone have any experience of the Milau route?

Ginny

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The Milau route is much cheaper on tolls. I don't have specifics but I think with a m/h it would be about 100 euros cheaper. Jim's suggested site looks like the best suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We are off at the end of Feb too but I was hoping to avoid the toll roads and use the nationals. I really want to go over the Millau Bridge but we haven't really firmed up our route yet. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I really want to go over the Millau Bridge but we haven't really firmed up our route yet. ::bigsmile:
Ivy

Probably a triumph of lust over reality.

Whereas go under it and enjoy the lovely town. Stand right under and marvel at the true scale of it. Now that can't fail to please.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
try this link it also allows you to calaculate with a motorhome dependant on height and MGW.

Broken Link Removed#

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp

Whereas go under it and enjoy the lovely town. Stand right under and marvel at the true scale of it. Now that can't fail to please.

Lust? LUST? You disgusting boy! Actually, we were hoping to stay at the Aire, or wild camp if it's closed, in Millau, but we shall see what happens.,

Talking about lust, we've been to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the cinema today. It was a great story but quite brutal in parts. I enjoyed it anyway, but can't see what the fuss is about re Daniel Craig. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Talking about lust, we've been to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the cinema today. It was a great story but quite brutal in parts. I enjoyed it anyway, but can't see what the fuss is about re Daniel Craig. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Got tickets for Thursday. I've never seen the same book turned into two films in such a timescale. The Swedish one was very good, much simplified from the book, so it will be good to see Hollywood's take on this.

Craig is in everything these days, wouldn't mind his manager's cut. So if we invite him to a meet you don't want first refusal ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Millau route (A75) is toll free from Claremont Ferrand onwards, with the exception of the Millau viaduct which should be a round 8€.

we turned off the A75 into Millau for a couple of days, then back out the same way to go over the viaduct.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Got tickets for Thursday. I've never seen the same book turned into two films in such a timescale. The Swedish one was very good, much simplified from the book, so it will be good to see Hollywood's take on this.

Craig is in everything these days, wouldn't mind his manager's cut. So if we invite him to a meet you don't want first refusal ?

Oh go on then. Can't look a gift horse ..............! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Ran south via A75 last year, used the Millau bridge going south and through Millau going north. The descent into Millau on the Route des Cavalieres is, to me, as spectacular as the bridge. Of course you have to climb up again north from Millau but what is a few litres of diesel?

The bridge charges summer rate in July and August only.

Steve

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Another vote for viamichelin, we leave on 1 march, we will be going over the Millua, ive been told that early morning, when there is some cloud about, makes for an interesting crossing. Another feather in the cap for british architects:thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
The A75 Clermont to Millau route isn't just about a toll free autoroute and the Millau bridge. The scenery in the Massif Central seen along the route is unlike any other in France, wonderful.

We travel from Calais to around an hour north of Clermont Ferrand up to 10 times each year, and over the years have honed [HI]our[/HI] preference to the following.

A16 Calais -> Boulogne (fuel at Leclerc before the Peage) -> Amiens -> Beauvais

N31/D1016 -> Senlis

A1 Charles de Gaulle

Francilienne (eastern outer Paris ring road mostly the N104) -> Evry

A6 -> A77 Nevers (A77 has many quiet clean aires and easy fuel stop at Cosne Cours Jct. 23 Auchan supermarket)

N7 -> Moulins

N79 -> either D2009 -> Gannat (A71) or N79 -> Montmarault (A71)

The Aire les Volcans a few kms south of Jct 12 A71 has an excellent first view of the extinct volcanoes. Follow directions for the hotel and drive to the end of the car park in front of the hotel, great quite spot on a clear day.

Then A75 at Clermont south

For us this route has the best combination of reasonable toll costs, ease of driving, lighter traffic, short direct route, and in the last 6 years no problems at all at the aires.

We have tried all the combinations of other routes but can't better this one to the A75. It's helped by for example, more and more of the N7 is becoming motorway quality although free, the A77 is very cheap, great facilities and light traffic etc etc and the Francilienne apart from peak rush hour is very easy.

Hope this helps

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi, we are starting to plan our next trip to Spain in February, and wondered if anyone knew of a map which would give the cost of toll roads along the route. I have checked on the French Toll route site and their route planner is good but it only gives the cost of diesel, not the cost of the tolls.

We have always gone via Rouen, Limoge and Toulous but looking on the map Rouen, Clement Ferand, Milau would seem to be quicker and have less toll roads.

Does anyone have any experience of the Milau route?

Ginny

Hi Ginny
We have used the Milau route a couple of times around 12 euros for the bridge well worth it for the trip over it, then free all the way down to near Narbonne, motorway to the border then the cheaper Spanish one's from there, sorry I cant think of costs on the last French one but your not on it to long. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Another vote for viamichelin, we leave on 1 march, we will be going over the Millua, ive been told that early morning, when there is some cloud about, makes for an interesting crossing. [HI]Another feather in the cap for british architects[/HI]:thumb:

Absolutely!

... and applause to the French for having the bravery to invest in their future.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
And a lot cheaper

And going under it is a lot cheaper and these days not as much traffic... Use the national routes and save the money ..not much slower thanthe toll roads.. Cheaper fuel off the toll roads.. More to see and often stop at nice towns enroute.

We due the UK to South of France each year... Have saved a fortune keeping off the toll sections of the French motorways.... Many motorways are not toll roads... Need to check on line, or get a good route map.... Last trip back from the Spanish boarder cst me 3 euros to go through one toll at Clermont-Ferrand.. And I could have avoided it if I wanted to.

But the view from below the bridge is better than fromthe top orthe viewing area ... Google earth is worth looking at to see what I am talking about.

Bob

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
Hi Bob
out of interest what route do you take,
how much do you save in tolls,
and how much longer in time does it take from the boarder

sorry for so many questiones

regards
Carol

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
And going under it is a lot cheaper and these days not as much traffic... Use the national routes and save the money ..not much slower thanthe toll roads.. Cheaper fuel off the toll roads.. More to see and often stop at nice towns enroute.

We due the UK to South of France each year... Have saved a fortune keeping off the toll sections of the French motorways.... Many motorways are not toll roads... Need to check on line, or get a good route map.... Last trip back from the Spanish boarder cst me 3 euros to go through one toll at Clermont-Ferrand.. And I could have avoided it if I wanted to.

But the view from below the bridge is better than fromthe top orthe viewing area ... Google earth is worth looking at to see what I am talking about.

Bob

Hello Bob

What height is your MH?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back