Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We are new to the forum so here goes with our first post!
We are heading over on 15th Jan.Pompey/Le Havre heading to Montreuil Bellay 1st night, Hedaye 2nd night and Peniscola 3rd. We are intending to stay at Camping Eden 7/10 days then Bonterra Park Benacasim 7/10 before joining the hosted break down at Marjal starting around 4th Feb. Anyone got any advice or experience on any of these places?
We went to L'Estartit and Blanes last year but found it all a bit 'dead'.Probably not far enough south to get with the sunseekers and funsters!

John and Carole:Cool:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Bonterra Park has a huge supermarket right across the road from the site. It has a great swimming pool. The pitches are a bit regimented, keep away from the dish washing area, the lights stay on all night and will keep you awake.

Try and get a pitch right at the top of the site, they are much bigger than the others.

When you arrive, instead of parking outside of the entrance barrier you will be called forward to park just past reception.

The reception block roof is low and you can see were motorhomes have clashed with it. Keep your eyes open and up.

Showers and Toilets are modern, clean and tidy.

When you leave the site entrance, cross over the road and walk straight down to get to the beach. The promenade is massive, you could walk for ages along it. There aren't many places to eat along the promenade.

Turn right out of the site gate and you will walk into the town. Its an easy walk.

Benacasim is a fairly new resort and is not as crowded as most other Spanish resorts. We found it to be very quite.

Have a good time.
Jim
:Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to Fun, John & Carole :Smile::thumb:
Can't help with the foreign travel, only to say that we are really jealous ::bigsmile:
Have a good trip.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We are off to Marjal at the end of Feb and really look forward to seeing you there. It's piddling down here in Leeds and freezing cold too. I want to hibernate like a polar bear. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We will look out for you and say hello..Is there an accepted way of recognising fellow funsters?:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Marjal starting around 4th Feb.
John and Carole:Cool:

You will of course be a month early if you get to Marjal on 4th Feb, but that's your choice.

We are going to use Bonterra as a staging post to Marjal. It always gets good reviews.

We stopped one night in Penis_cola, didn't see much in the way of penises or colas but we had a cheap night on a simple car park behind the biggest hotel there, which is a pity because there seems to be a proper site at the other end of town. Lovely town, where the Spanish go rather than sausage, egg and bacon brigade.

We stopped here in April, nice position to cycle to harbour/fort.
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=43.370...id=c4n6Mux9ZiEu7i6BWBh6fQ&cbp=12,1.77,,0,4.39

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Brian,

I am aware that there is a March meet but we need to get back to sell our house in the Spring! We will 'warm' the place up for you!

:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We will 'warm' the place up for you!

Well not too warm, we don't want to arrive to "Oh no, not another one of those".

If you aren't "meeting" my feeling is Bonterra Park is far better positioned. Loads to see and do nearby.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi John and Carole
Has others have already said you cant go wrong at Bonterra Park, If you are taking bikes if you go left out of the camp site there is a purpose built cycle track along the old railway line with great sea views all the way to Orapresa which is the next resort up the coast, or right out of the site and you can get to Castillion well worth a visit to the street market, If you dont have bikes a deposit of 50 euros and id proof ie your passports and you can get free ones for a week or two from the local sports centre, we are there after you at Easter for the cc &c rally for 46 nights it's our forth visit there and enjoy the site and surrounding area. Pete :thumb::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We will look out for you and say hello..Is there an accepted way of recognising fellow funsters?:thumb:

It is the custom to meet Funsters by exchanging Fray Bentos "Just Steak" or "Steak and Ale" pies and either singing "Blue Moon" or chanting "Mancini, Mancini"...

Maybe will greet you thus in Marjal...

JJ

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I can see this is going to be a lot of fun!....

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Thanks Brian,

I am aware that there is a March meet but we need to get back to sell our house in the Spring! We will 'warm' the place up for you!

I guess we will have warmed it up for you then. We arrive in Marjal on the 15th January. Not sure of where to stay en route from Santander though. Never driven down that way before so it will be an adventure for us. You will recognise the van though with an English number plate prefixed with M6 where I spent most of my working life.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I've got Camping Municipal de Zaragoza lined up. Half way.

Hi Brian, I had thought of taking the route south from Burgos and travelling via Madrid but campsites do seem a bit thin on the ground going that way. Heading towards the east coast before turning south appear to offer better prospects.
John

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
AH SUNNY SPAIN !!
As I sit here after just lighting the woodburner and going out in the cold rain for more wood.. Roll on Jan 19th ish so I can get down there !!!
Peniscola :thumb:
Bonterra park :thumb:

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Just thought I'd let you guys know that its a super lower twenties temp here today with wall to wall sunshine. There's even people taking a dip in the water! ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian, I had thought of taking the route south from Burgos and travelling via Madrid but campsites do seem a bit thin on the ground going that way. Heading towards the east coast before turning south appear to offer better prospects.
John

ACSI show 3 sites more or less in Madrid. We've used Aranjuez, a town worth visiting in decent weather.

lib

Free Member
Jun 22, 2011
Halifax
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We are setting off through the tunnel on the 29th January heading down to Spain for our first time so dont know how long it will take us. Hope to meet up with some of you Bonterra Park and Peniscola look good. Have to be back for beginning of April. Thanks for all the ideas.

Dont suppose anyone is travelling down the same time as us who needs company?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back