Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

We went on a CL a couple of weeks ago and erected our Pyramid Superlite. This was the first time it had been used. It was extremely cold that night down to minus 2. In the morning the awning was dripping inside. Forgive me if I am missing something obvious but I thought there had to be a vast difference inside and out to cause condensation? No one had been in the awning at all during the night so why do you all think it was dripping? :Confused:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I think you will find that most awnings/tents made in that 'tenty' material will get condensation on the inside, I know ours does and so do both tents i have if i dont use the footprint. The only time they dont get so much condensation is in the summer when it is a warm spell and there is not a lot of moisture or temperature difference. putting a good groundsheet down does help i sometimes use a tent 'footprint' in ours

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Thanks for your reply. Guess that means that the problem comes from the ground? We have another awning with an inbuilt ground sheet so guess it should be better with that one? It was so wet that we couldnt leave anything it. :RollEyes:

Thanks again for your answer, was really puzzling me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
condensation is caused by the heat outside being lower than the heat inside and is quite normal within awnings during winter months.

My only caution/warning to you is make sure its all extremely well strapped down because we lost our awning in a freak wind some time ago even with all the straps etc.

Happy New Year Chris and family xxxx

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

We went on a CL a couple of weeks ago and erected our Pyramid Superlite. This was the first time it had been used. It was extremely cold that night down to minus 2. In the morning the awning was dripping inside. Forgive me if I am missing something obvious but I thought there had to be a vast difference inside and out to cause condensation? No one had been in the awning at all during the night so why do you all think it was dripping? :Confused:
where does your fridge /water heater vent out of your van ?
bet its in to your awning :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris65

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
Hi Motorhomelover,

Actually they dont vent that side so it really is baffling because it didnt feel any warmer inside the awning than out! At least I know it is normal for them to drip though. Dont think we will use it again in the winter.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back