Reverse switch location help please. (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
During our recent Mot i was advised that we had no reverse lights on our Ducto based motorhome.It still passed the test but i would like to fix the problem while i have it out of storage prior to our new year trip.

I have checked the obvious like bulbs and fuses but they are all ok. The only thing i think it can be is the engine switch which i am trying to locate.

The vehicle is a 2006 model, anyone have any idea where i can find it please ???.

Thanks.....Ralph

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi,

I had the same issue on my old van. This was a 2.0JTD but other engines have had a similar problem. The reversing light switch on top of the gear box has probably failed; it seems to be a fairly common failure. Easy to fix by buying a new switch on line (not expensive), and reaching down or up to get at it - as you look down into th engine bay, it should be on the right hand side but you need long arms (and as I recall a deep 22mm socket) to get at it.

Hope that helps

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Last edited:

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm another one who had the same problem when my 2.3lts 2003 model had the same problem when it was about 4 years old. It was the switch.

As others have said I was told it is quite common.

fusbill

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Cant help with your switch but my mh failed the mot because the rear fog lamp was faulty.

You were lucky that it passed the mot. So much for the integrity of testers.
Jim
:Smile:

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Cant help with your switch but my mh failed the mot because the rear fog lamp was faulty.

You were lucky that it passed the mot. So much for the integrity of testers.
Jim

Reversing lights do not form any part of the MOT test. So if it does not work there is no reason for a vehicle to fail. Whereas the rear fog light is a defined part of MOT as are 'directional lights' (indicators) and number plate lights.
The garage can only advise you but is not even required to enter it as an 'advisory' note on your MOT paperwork.
a useful reference site .... Link Removed gives some quirky answers!
Link Removed the manual gives all information needed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Reversing lights do not form any part of the MOT test. So if it does not work there is no reason for a vehicle to fail. Whereas the rear fog light is a defined part of MOT as are 'directional lights' (indicators) and number plate lights.
The garage can only advise you but is not even required to enter it as an 'advisory' note on your MOT paperwork.

Thats right, the examiner said it wasn't a requirement of the Mot but did log it on my paperwork.

Thanks for all your helpfull comments and pictures, i will have a nosy in the morning before we head off to Pickering ::bigsmile:riving2: for the new year.

:thanks:......Ralph

OP
OP
Ralph-n-Bev
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

My apologies, I read "Reversing Lights" as "Fog Lights". Got fog lights on the brain.
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Does anyone know which fuse feeds the reversing lights on a 2.8 fiat? It is not in the use manual:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back