LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I bought Carol a new led tv for xmas. worked perfectly for two days then the remote would not work, just like that.

Took it back they replaced it with a ferguson 2408 lvd3 I paid a bit more, got it home and guess what remote didn't work any distance more than 2" away (50m/m for you young ones)

Took this one back and they waffled about angles and broadband interference etc but changed it for another new one with the proviso that thay would not change it again. I wanted them to try it in the shopfirst but they claimed they were to busy. so I took it home and yet again zapper would only work close to and spasmodically.

Tried moving the tv and all different angles but with no better success.

Her old one (an old big tube jobby) worked well for 4 years in the same position but some of the well used buttons had given up

Has anyone any ideas bfore I take it back and wrap it round their necks..:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Martin

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
sorry no ideas, start the new year off well ,wrap it round their necks hehe :ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wierd one that interested me.
Got to be something other than the actual TV's 1 yes, 2 broke? possibly, 3? miracle.

saw this

Try this: hold the remote control close to an 'AM' radio and press one of the buttons. If the remote is working, you should hear a low level 'thup, thup, thup' coming from the radio.

keep us informed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RubyVan

Free Member
Oct 2, 2010
Market Harborough Leics
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
14yrs but tuger for over 20yrs previos
Our TV packed uo the ghost on Christmas Eve - serfed the internet and bought a new one from John Lewis. Just received Email to say its on its way- Hope we have better luck than your experience . In meantime found INBOX on computer which give live access to TV, second best but lets us keep up todate with News

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
wierd one that interested me.
Got to be something other than the actual TV's 1 yes, 2 broke? possibly, 3? miracle.

saw this

Try this: hold the remote control close to an 'AM' radio and press one of the buttons. If the remote is working, you should hear a low level 'thup, thup, thup' coming from the radio.

keep us informed.

cant see how infra-red can affect a radio but another, more accurate, way to check remote functionality....if you have a camera on your mobile phone or a digital camera then turn it on and point at the remotes IR transmitter (little bulb to you :winky:) then operate the remote.

you will see the 'bulb' flashing in your camera/screen.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you could always try the new tv in a different room or even the motorhome that will then tell you if it is the tv's or something in the room causing interference

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
This may sound really silly but you do not have curtains or something obstructing the little window on the tv now this one is bigger? do not ask how I know:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has anyone any ideas before I take it back and wrap it round their necks..:Angry::Angry::Angry:
Martin

Got to be your place not the TVs.

Take the TV as far from that room as possible and try again. In a MH would be good.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
cant see how infra-red can affect a radio but another, more accurate, way to check remote functionality....if you have a camera on your mobile phone or a digital camera then turn it on and point at the remotes IR transmitter (little bulb to you :winky:) then operate the remote.

you will see the 'bulb' flashing in your camera/screen.

I don't think its the infra-red that is being effected, if in fact the remote is being effected at all.

It is possible though that the oscillator that will be present in a radio and the oscillator that will be in the remote (to control the frequency of the infra-red signal) are being effect if they are close together. Possible but I have never heard of it before.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't think its the infra-red that is being effected, if in fact the remote is being effected at all.

It is possible though that the oscillator that will be present in a radio and the oscillator that will be in the remote (to control the frequency of the infra-red signal) are being effect if they are close together. Possible but I have never heard of it before.

Doug...
thanks for the explanation Doug :thumb:

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
I know you will think I'm taking the p**............but are you sure you're holding the remote the right way around! ...:winky:

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Have you changed the batteries for a brand new set? The ones they give you are usually cheap ones just to put you on for a bit.

From experience with kids toys etc sometimes they only have enough juice to power on then give it up! :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Have you removed the clear protective film they tend to put over shiny plastic bits as part of the packaging?
That might be over the IR receiver causing reduced range!?:whatthe:

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Never heard of testing a remote control using a radio so I tried it out with my faithful old Roberts Radio tuned to AM/MW and it works::bigsmile: produced a soft trilling noise bit like a cricket.

You learn something every day even at my age:thumb:

John.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Have you tried using the remote from your old TV.

Most Remotes work on the same frequency and carry out the same functions so might be worth a try.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I bought Carol a new led tv for xmas. worked perfectly for two days then the remote would not work, just like that.

Took it back they replaced it with a ferguson 2408 lvd3 I paid a bit more, got it home and guess what remote didn't work any distance more than 2" away (50m/m for you young ones)

Took this one back and they waffled about angles and broadband interference etc but changed it for another new one with the proviso that thay would not change it again. I wanted them to try it in the shopfirst but they claimed they were to busy. so I took it home and yet again zapper would only work close to and spasmodically.

Tried moving the tv and all different angles but with no better success.

Her old one (an old big tube jobby) worked well for 4 years in the same position but some of the well used buttons had given up

Has anyone any ideas bfore I take it back and wrap it round their necks..:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Martin
easy take it back get a refund and go to a shop where they give you some service

OP
OP
scally

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
thanks for the replys peeps:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I had tried them all except moving it to another room.:Doh::Doh::Doh:

this I did and low and behold it worked::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

moved it back to where I wanted it and low and behold it now works well:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: cant explain it just live with it I say martin

RKE

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Just sold ours!
Exp
thanks for the replys peeps:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I had tried them all except moving it to another room.:Doh::Doh::Doh:

this I did and low and behold it worked::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

moved it back to where I wanted it and low and behold it now works well:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: cant explain it just live with it I say martin

May 'The Force' stay with you! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back