Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Reuben and his partner run an existing camper area on the outskirts of Denia and this, the much improved twin of that location, is now fully up and running here in CALPE about a couple of km from town centre. Have not stayed there but visited today, on foot, as I was curious to compare the new with the old. As we did not stay, have not done a review, just a few comments about prices etc., 1-3 days =€12, 1-7 days = €10, continuing to reduce depending on length of stay to €7 for 30+ days, all prices include EHU. WiFi = €1 per day and showers are €1 for 7 minutes. The pitches are hard and level, some concrete bases the rest crushed pebble/shell, park is about 2 minutes walk to Aldi and 5 minutes to 2 other large supermarkets. Web site for more detail at http://www.odisseacamperarea.com.

Regards, Bryan

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Yes, it's just down the road from our house but boy are the pitches (if you can call them that) close together - little more than a car park space. if one of the big units in the corner want to leave I should think several others would have to move to let them out. Sorry, but I wouldn't want to stay there, too much of a fire or H&S risk!:Sad:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yup very nice! will be at both for Ken's big meet in April and as I understand it Denia will have some pitches removed to make bigger spaces for the 45 vans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, it's just down the road from our house but boy are the pitches (if you can call them that) close together - little more than a car park space. if one of the big units in the corner want to leave I should think several others would have to move to let them out. Sorry, but I wouldn't want to stay there, too much of a fire or H&S risk!:Sad:

I have no axe to grind, but your comments are a little harsh.
Yes the pitches are "compact" but more than adequate for the average size MH's providing low cost, low amenity parking for those prepared to accept the limitations of the site. This does not claim to be a full facility site, nor does the site at Denia and my criticism would be that the v large RV's should be refused entry due to pitch sizes, otherwise the site fulfils a low end need, confirmed by the 30+ MH's already on site.

Regards, Bryan

PS: The amenities do not attract me and I will not be using the site as I prefer a little more comfort for which I am prepared to a bit more, eg., current ACSI rate at Calpemar.

B

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back