Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
[HI]Will I need for 4 months in Morocco?

Just one person..................:wub:[/HI]

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
RR, You ARE Swifts son and I claim my five pounds ...

I do now have a sog but still use a dash of blue ( until it runs out then we will use the bioliquid washing stuff )

I just dislike the smell of the cassette as I empty it if nothing is used

But bio liquid is available all over the world so dont worry about it :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

I do now have a sog but still use a dash of blue ( until it runs out then we will use the bioliquid washing stuff )

So how much roughly do you use in a month John?:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
So at last you have out'ed yourself..............it your vans that's wiffy at meets.............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep...my SOG spreads the pong far and wide but at least no wiff inside the van:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though we haven't used any fluids for years and saved ££££££££'s.......and there is no smell inside or outside the van at all:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am worried sick.................

and rightly so, wait till you see the so called site 'facilities' in Morocco .. :Eeek:

let's say they are not CC standard ... would make a glass eye water and a grown man weep .. :roflmto:

emptying your loo with a dash of blue will clean them up no end :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999

When you come to Zahora, I hope your having the same pitch so no whiffs come up to us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! No worries Ray ! I have a brand new filter and the only thing you can smell is the foam !! ::bigsmile:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Working on Mr Munchie's guideline that everything in the van, where possible, should have more than one use - why not take a gallon of bio washing liquid (you can definitely get a 5 litre container in Carrefour and they used to sell it by the gallon in Countrywide) thereby keeping your cassette and your smalls smelling sweet and, when it's gone, you have an emergency water container...?
Just a thought :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Or you could take a gallon of blue and do your washing in that .. Be a great talking point for all those around you !! :thumb:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years

What is this bio liquid, dish washing, clothes washing or...

Does it help to break down er, well, solids ?

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Yep...my SOG spreads the pong far and wide but at least no wiff inside the van:ROFLMAO:

Seriously though we haven't used any fluids for years and saved ££££££££'s.......and there is no smell inside or outside the van at all:thumb:

I have to agree, we don't have a SOG but also don't use any fluids, no smell inside or outside the van, except when driving. I always empty out before moving on (me and the van). :thumb:

When we borrowed a van before buying one we used crystals and they made a smell when we were driving that was worse than the smell of poo!!!:Sad:

Emptying out is not so bad and solids won't break down any more with fluid or not. I haven't noticed any smells when using the toilet, even after a good curry. The main reason we don't use fluids is because we are on a Klargester treatment plant at home and we can't add chemicals to our waste water, especially bug busters, so when I first got into motorhoming I thought we would be emptying the toilet when we got home. Haven't been but as not using fluids is not an issue why start now?:winky:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Help please again...........

I have bought 2 x 2 litres of Elsan (is it as good as Thetford?)

Should I measure it out in jam jars? I have been collecting jars for this trip?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be saving for one of these sog bog thinghy's on my return

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have to agree, we don't have a SOG but also don't use any fluids, no smell inside or outside the van,[HI] except when driving[/HI]. I always empty out before moving on (me and the van). :thumb:

Hi Drew,I'm surprised you get any smell when driving as the cassette should be completely sealed from inside the van if the seal is in good order....might be worth checking.
I suppose pressure could be building in the cassette and forcing smell past the seal.....this can't happen with a SOG fitted as it is permanently vented outside even when not operating,

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In the yellow cap of the cassette there are marks John.. Simply take the cap off and poor in the chemicals ( or bio ) to the required level

[quote="VeeVee]What is this bio liquid, dish washing, clothes washing or...

Does it help to break down er, well, solids ?[/quote]

Bio washing liquid is the stuff.. and the cheaper the better

Tesco's and Sainsburys certainly do their own at about a quid a litre, dunno about others as we only have those two here in Thetford though no doubt Asda and Morrisons etc will also have a version

Breaking down solids

Unless you are going to leave your 'business' in the cassette for some considerable time, it matter not WHAT you use...
The usually used 'blue' will break it down after a week or so but not in a two or three day period

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the elsan stuff is ok john.
although we have run out of it at the moment so decided to try fabric softener as its cheap and smells ok.
we have been using this full time now for over a month and had no problems at all.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
the elsan stuff is ok john.
although we have run out of it at the moment so decided to try fabric softener as its cheap and smells ok.
we have been using this full time now for over a month and had no problems at all.

If nothing ells you will have nice softed shits that smell nice:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
If nothing ells you will have nice softed shits that smell nice:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oi Yosser we don't bl00dy drink the stuff.

mind if you eat all your food then eat some paper serviettes and wash it down with a nice glass of thetford blue you wouldn't need the cassette:thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oi Yosser we don't bl00dy drink the stuff.

mind if you eat all your food then eat some paper serviettes and wash it down with a nice glass of thetford blue you wouldn't need the cassette:thumb::thumb:

A coffin maybe, but def not a cassette !!!!!!!

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Hi Drew,I'm surprised you get any smell when driving as the cassette should be completely sealed from inside the van if the seal is in good order....might be worth checking.
I suppose pressure could be building in the cassette and forcing smell past the seal.....this can't happen with a SOG fitted as it is permanently vented outside even when not operating,

Yes I don't understand it either, it happened with the motor home we borrowed last year as well, we always run a bit of water onto the flap so I can't see how smell could get past but they do. I'll have to have it looked into when we go for the service.

:thumb:

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
sog

Hi, there's probably a lot of crap on this subject!!!!!
you should think of fitting a SOG system then you will have no need of any chemicals.
Had it fitted to our van this year and it has proved to be brill.
Regards Weejohnw:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back