motor home wanted!!!! (1 Viewer)

T

tetleys

Deleted User
hi all,
and may i wish every one a very happy new year.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has for sale a....... AUTOHOMES HIGHLANDER on a 2.5 deisel talbot , around 1992,with no more than 80k on the clock, maximum budget being £7500. if so please get in touch.

thanks.

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Wow Pammy that was quick:Eeek: Iwas going to suggest preloved but yours is much better :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tetleys

Deleted User
Doe's this one fit the bill
its at North western caravans

Link Removed

or here
Link Removed

or here if you fancy bartering, you never know
http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/classicdd.cfm?Account=AETA23331&VehicleID=AETV67101973
hi thanks for taking the time to show me all your suggestions.........unfortunatey i telephoned north western caravans early yesterday morning to enquire if the motorhome that you have kindly suggested was still for sale etc,as this was ideal. i was told by a chap called alan that it definately was for sale, it was a part exchange bargain, and was priced at £5995 . so i told them that i was coming to look /purchase it straight away and was leaving nottingham within the hour and he said he would get every thing ready for me and would not show anyone else in the mean time, and took all my details including mobile number..............so me and the mrs along with our youngest son set off for macclesfield just out side manchester, about a 70 mile trip.
when we got there we was greeted by the manager who told us that alan the chap who i spoken to earler had nipped out, and that the talbot autohomes highlander that i had come all the way to see was actually sold, and had been sold since last thursday to a couple from ireland who had not picked it up yet, and alan who had told us that it was still for sale had made a mistake.
we was completely gob smacked and very very dissapointed, we was made to travel all that way for absolutely nothing, and was told that they was just about to phone me when i came through the gates!!!asolutely terrible service.............i was fumming but coudnt do anything..........thank you for you other two suggestions but these two are out of our budget as £ 7500 is our absolute maximum.
thanks once again.

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Don't You just HATE people like that.:Doh:

Hope you find something Guys.

That was Northwestern Caravans.Strange The link doesn't seem to be working now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I am so sorry I gave you a duff lead, I used Pammys PC, it was given with the very best intentions, I will make apoint of giving North western a peice of my mind, and a sour report in our feed back system, the one advertised on pre loved is also a trader and being in the trade myself know only too well, any deal this time of year is a good deal. give them a call and offer your maximum cash no part exchange if the vehicle is suitable,subject to viewing, point out if £7500 wont buy it, there is no point coming, dont be shy he may be glad of your call, I would even be tempted to make a silly offer on the other one too, you have nothing to loose and every thing to gain, there is one out there for you
Regards Geo
Pammy,s other half
PS if I can be of any help, Ill even call them for you to sound them out if your a bit unsure of hagging

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tetleys

Deleted User
Don't You just HATE people like that.:Doh:

Hope you find something Guys.

That was Northwestern Caravans.Strange The link doesn't seem to be working now.

hi thanks for your reply and help.
yes i too noticed the link does work now............strange!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tetleys

Deleted User
I am so sorry I gave you a duff lead, I used Pammys PC, it was given with the very best intentions, I will make apoint of giving North western a peice of my mind, and a sour report in our feed back system, the one advertised on pre loved is also a trader and being in the trade myself know only too well, any deal this time of year is a good deal. give them a call and offer your maximum cash no part exchange if the vehicle is suitable,subject to viewing, point out if £7500 wont buy it, there is no point coming, dont be shy he may be glad of your call, I would even be tempted to make a silly offer on the other one too, you have nothing to loose and every thing to gain, there is one out there for you
Regards Geo
Pammy,s other half
PS if I can be of any help, Ill even call them for you to sound them out if your a bit unsure of hagging
hi geo,
i want to say a very big thank you for your advice and kind offer of phoneing on my behalf which is very much appreciated.
i will take your advice and enquire over the phone weather it is worth coming to see both of the motorhomes with £7.5k in my pocket, and like you have said....if its a no, its a no..... ive got nothing to loose!!:thumb:

thanks once again.:Smile:

ps, if you come accross any more i would appreciate you letting me know.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tetleys

Deleted User
Hi tetleys but they still have it advertised in the auto trader

ken

hi, yes i know........this what i said to the manager as i telephoned him gain on my way driving back from macclesfield...and his reply was that they was going to remove the ad shortly............i personnaly think that the managers not quite telling me the truth about this motorhome........i think that they may have realised that the motorhome has been advertised at the wrong price, (because they have another older one advertised at i think £12k) or the manager has just decided to keep it for a friend/family???, i just dont believe one minute its for sale the next minute its been sold since last thursday.........he also said that not even a deposit had been paid on the motorhome and that the customer was going to be paying for it via credit card over the telephone later that day........my anwer to this being if a deposit wasnt paid then surely it was technically still for sale? and i had the money there and then to buy it.his reply being no because he had agreed to save it on a gentlemans agreement which is a legal verbal contract...................regardless of the fact i had shortly spoken to his collegue, because he was the manager and the chap who i had spoken to was only a garage mechanic who had just popped i to anwer the phone!!!!..............something not quite right here........
thanks for your reply mate.

Upvote 0
B

Brianl_irl

Deleted User
Hi Tetleys,

I'm a new member to the site and also the new owner of the Highlander been discussed above,
I just have to say that everything said to you by the manager of NW-Caravans was true. I contacted them when I seen the camper for sale in the autotrader on Thursday 20th of December and was told that it had just came in but they were closing that day for the christmas holidays. I told them that I had to come over from Ireland and would be over on Saturday the 5th of Jan. At 8:15 am on Thursday last I got a call from Laurance the manager telling me that there has been a lot of interest in the camper and he would require a deposit to hold it as it would not be fair to other people if I didn't turn up. I couldn't leave a deposit as I was in work and didn't have my credit card with me.
I did phone back later that afternoon with a deposit and collected the camper yesterday and brought it back to Ireland.

Hope this clears things up.

:thumb:

Upvote 0

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Old Trick

Its an old trick, if its sold still get the customer in, especialy if he has cash because you can always upsell and use what you have cash as a deposit.

Get you in the showroom and see more and better toys

Thats all

Tom

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tetleys

Deleted User
Hi Tetleys,

I'm a new member to the site and also the new owner of the Highlander been discussed above,
I just have to say that everything said to you by the manager of NW-Caravans was true. I contacted them when I seen the camper for sale in the autotrader on Thursday 20th of December and was told that it had just came in but they were closing that day for the christmas holidays. I told them that I had to come over from Ireland and would be over on Saturday the 5th of Jan. At 8:15 am on Thursday last I got a call from Laurance the manager telling me that there has been a lot of interest in the camper and he would require a deposit to hold it as it would not be fair to other people if I didn't turn up. I couldn't leave a deposit as I was in work and didn't have my credit card with me.
I did phone back later that afternoon with a deposit and collected the camper yesterday and brought it back to Ireland

:thumb:

hi brian and thanks for confirming the above.

I still think that it is absolutely appaulling to let me and my wife take a day off work each and drive 70 miles to see something that has been already sold!!!

Upvote 0
B

Brianl_irl

Deleted User
hi brian and thanks for confirming the above.

I still think that it is absolutely appaulling to let me and my wife take a day off work each and drive 70 miles to see something that has been already sold!!!

I agree completley, it's a total lack of communication on their part. :Angry:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back