Thetford cassette (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As the first limiting factor on how long we can stay with no facilities is the toilet cassette I have bought a second one to double the period between emptying if necessary.
A new cassette is £149 but Thetford do a refurbishing kit containing a new cassette, a new seat and lid and some other bits all for £89.99:Eeek: available from Johns Cross - bargain :Smile:. The funster discount nearly covers the p&p so saves a trip

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
As the first limiting factor on how long we can stay with no facilities is the toilet cassette I have bought a second one to double the period between emptying if necessary.
A new cassette is £149 but Thetford do a refurbishing kit containing a new cassette, a new seat and lid and some other bits all for £89.99:Eeek: available from Johns Cross - bargain :Smile:. The funster discount nearly covers the p&p so saves a trip

Shudder to think what you will do with the first FULL unit while filling the 2nd one !! Why not buy a 3rd and a 4th etc etc..... never need to empty again:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Don't forget that the contents of a full cassette will ferment, particularly in hot weather and will build up pressure so beware of opening it or you could get your own back:whatthe:.....or anyone elses for that matter:Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
so now you are going to be carrying double the $hit :Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some people like collecting crap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Now you know what's in those old Coke bottles you see laying at the side of the motorways. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
why not empty it when its full i only pee in mine if its a no 2 then i shit in a asda bag then lob it out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Would a Tesco bag be below you then....

(not literally of course)...:Doh:

but you should of course now be using a "bag for life", to help save the planet....:Blush:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Would a Tesco bag be below you then....

(not literally of course)...:Doh:

but you should of course now be using a "bag for life", to help save the planet....:Blush:

may be we could have a funsters game how many logs can you get in asda and tesco bags runny ones not accepted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie

This is something that boaters have been doing for a long time on the canals.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:whatthe: Hate to tell you this, Yosser... but our Asda bags have little holes in them to stop babies suffocating.... I bet those poor dogs of yours have been blamed for something they didn't do...:Sad:

Also, on a serious note if you use Bio chemical you can apparently tip the cassette out onto the grass ... so they say....

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
In Wales a charge of 5p is made for every carrier bag used. Boy would that make "dumping" an expensive hobby:cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
why not empty it when its full i only pee in mine if its a no 2 then i shit in a asda bag then lob it out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You utter b'stard !! You came through Thetford a while ago didn't you :Angry:
I have a bag of your stuff sitting on the step still !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Been there,done that-sold the spare seat for £20 ::bigsmile:
We bought a 2nd one because twice I had to empty cassette at 0200 hrs in pouring rain !!!
Now,if cassette is getting full,I put spare under toilet locker when we go to bed-if red light comes on in night,it's simple matter to swap them over and empty the full one in morn.:thumb:

Mike.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
:whatthe: Hate to tell you this, Yosser... but our Asda bags have little holes in them to stop babies suffocating.... I bet those poor dogs of yours have been blamed for something they didn't do...:Sad:

Also, on a serious note if you use Bio chemical you can apparently tip the cassette out onto the grass ... so they say....

Who puts babies in Asda bags Joy :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Who puts babies in Asda bags Joy :Doh:

Well we always do.. Ever since they started putting the holes in we just thought it was something you had to do and you must put a baby in there before you could shop

Must admit it has been a right pain sometimes finding a baby to borrow for the day

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

No you can not. Bury it yes but tipping it on the grass is totaly antisocial and disgusting.

John

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
A Shovel is a hell of a lot cheaper than a spare cassette, anyway! how big a Tape Deck do you have to have to get one that size in?:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back