Scooter/Moped in Flash 03 Garage? (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
As the title says? Has anyone managed it?

I'm pretty sure that I read that the Flash models don't have any racks that fit outside, so just wondering if one can be fitted inside the garage?

I guess another consideration would be the payload?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it will physically fit through the door, i only see two reasons not to.

1) weight.......a 100kg bike may put a downforce of maybe 150kg on the rear axle due to leverage effect of the overhang.

2) technically, it changes the classification of your van to a goods vehicle.
anything not immediately necessary for camping becomes carried goods.
a motorcycle isn't necessary for camping

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
would agree with John regadrs the weight you can get small trailers for them. As for changing you vehicle classification surely a T.V. is not necessary for camping so i would have my doubts about this point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
That's it then, confirms why we didn't bother thinking about carrying one when we bought the Chaussy.

With the cost of purchasing, insuring, carrying, little use it would get, etc..... In the event we did want one, we'd just hire one, in fact, some times, at £20 a day for car hire, that would even be more justified.

We'll stick to pedal power! :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, but you don't change the class of vehicle to carry one?
technically you do...you are carrying goods (a bicycle) not needed or necessary to camp.
you don't need a bike to pull on a campsite and pitch.

all academic really as the only folks it would really apply to in real life, if stopped by VOSA, would be traders carrying there wares from place to place.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Is the Flash on a Transit with a full garage ? we have the welcome 28 GA and used to carry our Gillera 125cc Scoot untill we moved onto a car and trailer. ours is plated at 3850kgs and i know we should not have carried it "i only found that out from this site" but who sticks to the letter of the law like somone has said even pushbikes dont count Gray.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
It is a full garage. The Flash 03 has bunks at the rear with a garage under the first bunk. The first bunk lifts up turning it into a large garage. Not too wide though which is why I wondered if anybody actually managed to fit one in, which I doubted.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi Craig my garage is about 3`8" wide with the double bed above so may be wider than yours the scoot goes in easy and has no effect on the vans handling due to the twin rear wheels ive had the scooter in the garage and the car/trailer on with no adverse effects Gray. :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've carried a 650 Kawasaki Versys for the last 5 years and a 650 Honda Dominator before that for 2 years. The Kawasaki fits in the Hymer garage has no impact on the handling and I still have 250kgs payload left, don't intend to stop carrying it because some faceless beauracrat in Brussels decides I cant. Take it out for MOT simples:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We've carried a 650 Kawasaki Versys for the last 5 years and a 650 Honda Dominator before that for 2 years. The Kawasaki fits in the Hymer garage has no impact on the handling and I still have 250kgs payload left, don't intend to stop carrying it because some faceless beauracrat in Brussels decides I cant. Take it out for MOT simples:winky:
correct attitude Rory :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back