Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
To save one's time and blood pressure when responding to our daily Daily Mail stories I have added a new smiley. Just type : dm : (without the spaces) then, your response recorded, you can quickly get on with living in the real world. ::bigsmile:

Here it is :dm:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
To save one's time and blood pressure when responding to our daily Daily Mail stories I have added a new smiley. Just type : dm : (without the spaces) then, your response recorded, you can quickly get on with living in the real world. ::bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I know at least one funster who won't be using it :Doh:...... I am not saying anything:winky:

Frankie:roflmto:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

I am sure that the new smily will please many funsters, but I wounder if you could do something for me? give me the ability to to turn of the smily's when I view the forum. Now that really make me smile.

Doug...

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
:dm:

great smily:thumb:
but im confused!!! where is the real world?????:Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I am sure that the new smily will please many funsters, but I wounder if you could do something for me? give me the ability to to turn of the smily's when I view the forum. Now that really make me smile.

Doug...

easy done Doug

... install AdBlock Plus then right click on the smilies and block the element.. only need to do it once and they are history .. can also get rid of all the annoying flashing ads and any other element that uses up bandwidth..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am sure that the new smily will please many funsters, but I wounder if you could do something for me? give me the ability to to turn of the smily's when I view the forum. Now that really make me smile
Doug...

Ah but then with no smilies to see, if some one makes a 'sarcy or leg pull comment' you could well take offence when none was intended, just a thought.

Peter

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:dm:

great smily:thumb:
but im confused!!! where is the real world?????:Doh:

It's here, I'm in it (i think:whatthe:) It's a great place, a place no one worries too much about what Princess Diana is up to, and no one tells you what you should be angry about today:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Doug...

Easiest thing ever, just turn graphics off in your browser. When I am on a dongle I have them turned off almost all the time.

Firefox

1. In Windows, from the Tools menu, select Options... . On a Mac, from the Firefox menu, select Preferences... .
    If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. At the top of the window, click Content.
  3. Uncheck Load Images or Load images automatically.
  4. In Windows, click OK.
Link RemovedInternet Explorer

In Internet Explorer 5.x and later for Windows:

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... . If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. In the window that appears, select the Advanced tab.
  3. Scroll down the list to "Multimedia", and uncheck Show Pictures.
  4. Click OK.
Link RemovedSafari

1. From the Safari menu, select Preferences... .
  2. At the top of the window that appears, click Appearance.
  3. Uncheck Display images when the page opens.
Link Removed Chrome

1. In the upper right, from the Tools menu

select Options.
  2. Click the Under the Hood tab, and then click Content settings... .
  3. Click the Images tab, and then select Do not show any images.
  4. Click Close, and then click Close again.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Yes that works but its pretty grotty plus it effects every tab that I have open, what I need is just to get rid of the smiles in the text not the graphics in general, but thanks any way.

Doug...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes that works but its pretty grotty plus it effects every tab that I have open, what I need is just to get rid of the smiles in the text not the graphics in general, but thanks any way.

Doug...

:Smile::thumb::Blush::Doh::shout::Cool::ROFLMAO::roflmto::whatthe::shout::coolthumb::thanks2::Confused::smalllove::rain::tears::sin::Tongue1::helpsos::help:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Ah but then with no smilies to see, if some one makes a 'sarcy or leg pull comment' you could well take offence when none was intended, just a thought.

Peter

You can block individual images Peter. For instance I don't block adverts on here unless they flash or move........ So you can block the DM one without blocking the rest.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's here, I'm in it (i think:whatthe:) It's a great place, a place no one worries too much about what Princess Diana is up to, and no one tells you what you should be angry about today:ROFLMAO:

Mate! don't know 'ow to tell yu this, but Her be dead Mate:cry: Yonks ago now:whatthe: Shes in the middle of a bloody lake somewhere:Eeek: Yu could 'ave read all about it in the Daily Mail Mate!:ROFLMAO: 'Struth!:Doh:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Mate! don't know 'ow to tell yu this, but Her be dead Mate:cry: Yonks ago now:whatthe: Shes in the middle of a bloody lake somewhere:Eeek: Yu could 'ave read all about it in the Daily Mail Mate!:ROFLMAO: 'Struth!:Doh:

dm

Those who live near Althorp dont believe a word of it :ROFLMAO:
dm

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
always bring her back from the dead, the same as this old thread:ROFLMAO:

just love it when newbies to a forum get wound up by ancient threads when reading through the old pages then post. best one ive seen on here was 5years elsewhere 8 and 9 year old threads have been reborn like frankenstiens monster. brilliant :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sorry Misunderstood

How about a Shiftzz one?

poop.gif