Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Just called into Pets at Home to arrange for our little rescue dog,s passport.
Great News, He can have rabies injection in January and passport will be issued same day. He can then travel three weeks later, no blood test.
The cost £52.00, he is already microchipped.
Regards

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Jim posted about this a few months ago. Further good news is that the window for the visit to the vets for the return trip has expanded to 1-5 days and only the worming treatment must be carried out by the vet.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just called into Pets at Home to arrange for our little rescue dog,s passport.
Great News, He can have rabies injection in January and passport will be issued same day. He can then travel three weeks later, no blood test.
The cost £52.00, he is already microchipped.
Regards

????????.......I know the rules have changed...... I know the window of travel is greater.... I thought the wait period was shorter for the blood test..BUT I thought you was still required to have the blood test...unless you are not returning back to the Uk....
I know you are still required to have the worming treatment.

I believe the tic treatment on return back to the uk from any European countries is now dropped and not needed

Have I got it wrong....are they saying you do not require any blood test at all now!!!

When we came to France 7 to 8 years ago we did what was called the half passport or called something similar.....this entailed 1/ Rabies Jabs..2/microchip,..3/ Photo passport...but we could not return until the blood test was done and the wait of 6 months.
So we had to do the blood test procedure with a 6 month wait in France and only if the test results score was satisfactory ... which we did a couple of years later for all three dogs we had at the time

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Yes, you have got it wrong, I'm sorry. Blood test is no more!

Link to pdf file here

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back