Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Just bought one after 10 years with caravans
Hi All,
Newbie on here,
Have looked through some threads but can't find what I am looking for,
We have an 08 Ducato fiat based motorhome and its developed a random beeping and is driving me mad.
Its not the same beep as the Handbrake, or the step or the seatbelt warning, There are no lights displaying on the dashboard but there is a constant annoying beep coming from under the drivers seat,
I have had a look and cannot locate it (although did find the handy under drivers seat I didn't know it had!) but its still beeping,
It only does it with the engine on too, even if we are moving or not.
Please help.
Thanks again.

Gaz

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Seatbelt sensor ??

Could be playing up?...................mine beeps when I forget to put it on

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
:roflmto: Thanks both, well it seems to be a different noise to the seatbelt sensor, i tried it earlier and unbuckled the belt and that made a different beeping noise and the light on the dash flashes.
It seems to be coming from the handbrake sides but the handbrake beep again is a different beep,
You never know it may be a stowaway although they will be very cold for the next few days,
It is driving me mad, I have been turning the radio up to drown out the beep but then you get funny looks from people blasting out radio 1 as I drive into homebase car park in a motorhome, :cry:

Upvote 0

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Not trying to be stupid here......but I had one that every time I turned the ignition on the fridge would bleep to hearts content because it tried to turn from gas to electric that wasn't conected.....after wireing it to work on both...it was cured.

All the best Rick

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I wonder if its something to do with the habitation side of things IE low battery alarm etc look in your habitation manual for any alarms

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Not trying to be stupid here......but I had one that every time I turned the ignition on the fridge would bleep to hearts content because it tried to turn from gas to electric that wasn't conected.....after wireing it to work on both...it was cured.

All the best Rick

I have just been out and checked the fridge and that seems fine, The fridge is near the back of the van too so don't think its that as the beeping is under the drivers seat., But thank you for suggestion I just ran out to the van thinking that might be it. :RollEyes: Its only started doing it the last few days, I wondered if it was some kind of frost warning??
Unfortunately for some reason the user manual seems to all be in French

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I get a beep when the rear locker is not closed properly

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have not got my book with my but I have read something about setting up certain speed warnings but if you haven't been playing around with the dash it's probably not that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Wow, this site is ace,
I have drained the water, but have also donne that previously and had no beeps,
The speed setting is something I have seen but haven't played with as I don't really know what it is and my book is in french thought I am not going to mess with that, I have just been and checked that the garage bottom bunk door is closed properly and it was and the only sensor on that is for the alarm so tested that and the alarm went off as it should when i opened it. The only other external door is the gas locker but again that has no sensor on it.
My OH just said "I told you we shouldnt have bought a fiat" so i need to prove her wrong. (she was an devoted caravan dragger and was very reluctant to switch to motorhomes)
I have checked the Habitation manual and can't see anything about warning alarms, The leisure battery is fine, its got the green light on so is fully charged.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Wow, this site is ace,

The speed setting is something I have seen but haven't played with as I don't really know what it is and my book is in french thought I am not going to mess with that, .

You can download an english ducato manual from http://www.fiatforum.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=159

You will have to become a member first but it's free.

HTH
Steve:Smile:

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I don't know the rig but how about a low water tank level or a full casset?

Doug...

I agree with Doug this is a possible....full casset?.....also empty clean water at the toilet switch sensor..they do not always bleep all the time:Doh:

when you say its near or under your drivers seat... you mentioned you have checked your hand brake..maybe its a bad connection ...meaning when you sit on the seat ....bleeper goes off...is it the same sound as the handbrake!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Hi Thanks for those, The cassette and flush is completely empty, I always make sure in the winter there is no water in any systems.
Its a definite different pitch beep to the handbrake and seat belt ones, It appears to be coming from the back of the drivers seat where a load of cables go into the floor.
Just been out again in it but still doing it. Kids are loving me having the radio on full blast!

Upvote 0

G1DOL

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
West Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Started 2011
Are you sure someone hasn't installed "annoy a torn" ?

I have one of these and it has driven my friends crazy:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Bob.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if it's a high pitch beep dont rely on it being where you think it is.

when i winterised my RV i turned off the gas at the tank valve but didnt realise i forgot to turn off the 12v auto lpg shutoff valve inside the RV.

when the gas is on and the auto valve is turned on it beeps continually until it detects gas in the lines, which silences it and opens the auto shut off valve.

as soon as i plugged into the mains hookup i got a repeating beep which sounded like it was from the kitchen area roof extractor fan .

took around 10 minutes to work out it was the gas valve at floor level and the beep was being 'bounced' to roof level.

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gaz
It's might not be this, I installed a radio with a detatchable front If I turn off the ignition and not the radio it beeps to remind me the front is still on, just a thought good luck in finding it. Pete :Sad:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Hmmm still a mystery, The radio is the standard fit one (not very good soon to be replaced)
I rang the dealers, and they said, ooooh not sure, ring back next week and speak to the service person. Very helpful! I even rang fiat who didn't have a clue.
I even thought it was my daughters car seat as that has a beep in the buckle if she tries to escape and wondered if that had shorted out or something but no,
Its driving me crazy now, Oh the joys!
Thanks everyone for the advice, it is most appreciated,
Our motorhome is used as our second car at the moment as I rarely use a car in the week but next week I am going to be needing the car a lot so my other half will have to use the motorhome for work and I know she will get annoyed with the beep a few miles into the journey,
I will spend tomorrow trying out more things.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I have just been out and checked the fridge and that seems fine, The fridge is near the back of the van too so don't think its that as the beeping is under the drivers seat., But thank you for suggestion I just ran out to the van thinking that might be it. :RollEyes: Its only started doing it the last few days, I wondered if it was some kind of frost warning??
Unfortunately for some reason the user manual seems to all be in French

Copy paste , send it to me ! i will tell you what the manual says !

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oddly enough, we started getting something similar earlier this year.. Def coming from the dash area ( its a pre-facelift pug on an 07 plate ).

It seemed to start after an hour on the road.. and then only beeps every now and then so not long enough to track it by ear.

Been driving us nuts and it seems to have no rhyme or reason to when it starts

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi Gaz if you think its definitely under the drivers seat just have a look under there.
my leisure battery is under mi drivers seat so seems reasonable to have an inverter fitted under there and as said before they do tend to beep if the low voltage shut-off is activated.
that would be my first thoughts.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Hi all,
Have spoken to 4 different people at the dealers today, some of who we're about as much use as nothing,
Well I spoke to a guy from the workshop eventually who says the only thing to try is look at the microswitch on the step, as the only thing it can be without a warning light is something to do with the step,
He told me it may be a different type of beep as the switch will be pushed in a little just not the whole way, (its worth a try)
So waiting for the missus to get back from work in it so she can give me more earache about the beeping noise which I can hopefully sort out for her tomorrow.
Problem is its pouring down. :cry:
Will update after I have had a play. (really really hate diy :Doh:!)
Fingers crossed, Thank you everyone for your help it is much appreciated,
I am sure there will be plenty more stupid questions coming up once we start spending more time away in it (only done 2 nights so far!)

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Gaz. Could it be the radio set to receive traffic reports TA or TP and if the signal is week the radio will beep as it loses and gains the traffic signal.

Good luck with your search for a solution.....Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Well I have some news.
I took the cover off the microswitch and checked that sprayed with WD40, noise continued. However I rooted around underneath with me torch and realised that one of the little wires was jammed in the spring mechanism underneath the step, Removed, taped back, Hey presto beep stopped!
Would make sense to the pitch of the beep I suppose,
I am one very happy person again now, and the missus can drive it to work tomorrow without getting there and sending me texts moaning about the motorhome!
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions,
I am glad I joined this website,
Like I said stupid questions will rein supreme I am sure. :Smile:
Off to congratulate myself with a large glass of red.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back