Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I recently added "traffic" to my TT930, what a sodding palaver. You have to have a compatible phone, then loads of problems occured. After abpout three emails, iwas sent an a4 page of instructions to reformat the phone, then the TT then do a reset, then a soft reset, blh blah blah. Anyway, finally got it all done, finally got it working, but only after i,d had to buy it again!"!
TT are currently sorting arefund, and are very apologetic and I can't fault the customer service, however, I thought it may be time to get a newer model to fit in the MH, so I mentioned a trade in.
TT dont handle the trade ins themselves, its done by a thrid party, i told them I had a fully updated TT930, with all of europe on it, north america, traffic, and UK and EU speed cameras,.......I was offered £80:Eeek:, the chappie was told to go forth and multiply!
I can understan TT doing part exes, it takes units off the secondhand market, but I think they need to be offereing a bit more than that, I value the unit at £150, I know you can buy cheaper, different makes etc, but IMHO that is what this is what i value this unit at, so I will keep it for another coupe of years.
OH, by the way, there is another scheme in place, where TT sell you a unit, you then send them your old unit (any maker) and they refund an amount agreed prior............google it if you decide to do this, apparently there are quite a few dissatisfied customers.

Question 1, has nobody managed to fit a satnav into the flip up map board on a ducato yet?

Question 2 has the chap who spotted some veru good looking units on ebay, and bought one, got a product review yet?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Question 1, has nobody managed to fit a satnav into the flip up map board on a ducato yet?

Any good? The mount is fixed to a rigid plastic clipboard (about a quid from Asda but any similar will do) and that is clipped into the dash clip.

Attachments

• DCP_0025s.jpg
    DCP_0025s.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 40

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I use a square metal coaster....put 4 felt pads underneath it so it doesnt mark the plastic

stick tommy on top using the normal clamp and use the spring clip to keep it in position.

Just a few seconds to put it on/off and very secure

barry:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
For TomTom Traffic, if you have a compatible TomTom device, don't bother the live service (mobile phone connection), just get one of these;

Link Removed

It's the newer TMC receiver, so once bought, the traffic updates are free. I've been using one for a few months now and is a big improvement over the original one which didn't work very well. I've never failed (so far) to get a signal and receive the traffic updates.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Absolutely agree with above post. I use the free TMC service, it works everywhere though I have been told it can be a bit problematical near borders as it sometimes picks up a stronger signal from a neighbouring country rather than the one you are in. :thumb:

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Absolutely agree with above post. I use the free TMC service, it works everywhere though I have been told it can be a bit problematical near borders as it sometimes picks up a stronger signal from a neighbouring country rather than the one you are in. :thumb:

Of course, didn't think about that, however, if you know the frequency of the station carrying the TMC data (it's Classic FM in the UK) then you can manually tune the device in.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
For TomTom Traffic, if you have a compatible TomTom device, don't bother the live service (mobile phone connection), just get one of these;

Link Removed

It's the newer TMC receiver, so once bought, the traffic updates are free. I've been using one for a few months now and is a big improvement over the original one which didn't work very well. I've never failed (so far) to get a signal and receive the traffic updates.

Presumably this doesn't re-route you in the same way as HD Traffic?
Much cheaper than an annual subscription though!

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Presumably this doesn't re-route you in the same way as HD Traffic?
Much cheaper than an annual subscription though!

Yep, works the same way, just get's the data via a different means.

The data is different, however, I'd probably be more convinced on the TMC data rather than TomTom's own which relies on Live subscribers. Don't fancy the idea of TomTom HD tracking me.

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards

Link Removed

You also need to read the compatibility list on the link. Not all TT models are suitable to use with the receiver. A lot are, though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back