Catalytic converter thefts in Preston (1 Viewer)

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
From an email at work.....

Appeal following catalytic converter thefts in Preston

POLICE are appealing for information following a spate of catalytic converter thefts in Preston which they believe to be linked.

Mercedes Sprinter Vans have been repeatedly targeted at industrial estates around Longridge Road and Caxton Road in recent days.

There have been four reported incidents and in each case the offenders have used the same method to steal the catalytic converters from within the engine compartment of the vans.

On the first occasion the offences have taken place on a Saturday afternoon around 4.20pm and on the second occasion at 10pm on a Monday night. The other two incidents have taken place overnight.

The first theft took place at Ramsey Healthcare on Roman Way, off Longridge Road between 4.25pm and 4:45pm on Saturday 3rd December when two catalytic converters were stolen.

Police have issued a CCTV image of a black Vauxhall Meriva, Zafira or Ford Fusion type vehicle that has been seen in the area around the time of the offence.

Minutes later three men have entered the yard of the adjacent premises prior to entering the compound.

The first man is described as white, with brown hair shorter at the sides. He was wearing a grey jacket with black collar light grey bottoms with a white stripe down the sides.

The second man was dressed all in black with white trainers and the third man was wearing a light grey hoody with grey bottoms with a light stripe.

The second offence has taken place at Oncore Food on Millennium Road, off Longridge Road at 10pm on Monday 5th December whereby a catalytic converter and satellite navigation system were stolen.

It is believed that at least two men were involved in this incident; the first man was wearing a blue or purple hoody and dark bottoms, and the second man wearing grey hoody and dark bottoms.

The third offence took place at Geopost UK Ltd on Millennium Road off Longridge Road between 6pm on Monday 5th December and 7am on Tuesday 6th December whereby six catalytic converters have been stolen.

Two catalytic converters were stolen during the most recent offence at Home Insulation Services on Caxton Road, opposite the large Asda store in Fulwood. This theft happened between 5pm on Wednesday 7th December and 7am on Thursday 8th December.

DS Paul Whitehead from Preston Target Team said: “These premises have been specifically targeted and it is clear that the offenders are skilled and know exactly what they are doing.

“I would urge similar local business premises to be vigilant but reassure them that patrols have been increased in the area.

“I would appeal to anybody that thinks they recognise these men or the vehicle in the CCTV images to come forward and contact police on 08451 25 35 45.”

People with information can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
For every theft there is someone willing to buy it, the blasted police want to get off thier arses and raid all the scrapyards because that is where they are being sold.

No buyers, no thefts.

Peter

Risky R

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Delica
Exp
There was a total of 34 filters stolen recently from DHL in Essex area I believe. I spoke to a guy who's mate works at a Mercedes dealership (parts department) and he told me that they are £2000+ to replace the sections that get stolen, scrap value?...£60 to £80?

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
My mate who has a motorhome business had some scroats in the other night and stole some out of his yard,the reason they didnt touch ours, was, as he put it, it was well corroded on, 4 bolts and off they come, since then he has wrapped razor wire round them, (lets hope next time they cut themselves up bad,) target the bastards that buy the stuff of the scroats, bang them up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
From an email at work.....

Appeal following catalytic converter thefts in Preston

POLICE are appealing for information following a spate of catalytic converter thefts in Preston which they believe to be linked.

Mercedes Sprinter Vans have been repeatedly targeted at industrial estates around Longridge Road and Caxton Road in recent days.

There have been four reported incidents and in each case the offenders have used the same method to steal the catalytic converters from within the engine compartment of the vans.

On the first occasion the offences have taken place on a Saturday afternoon around 4.20pm and on the second occasion at 10pm on a Monday night. The other two incidents have taken place overnight.

The first theft took place at Ramsey Healthcare on Roman Way, off Longridge Road between 4.25pm and 4:45pm on Saturday 3rd December when two catalytic converters were stolen.

Police have issued a CCTV image of a black Vauxhall Meriva, Zafira or Ford Fusion type vehicle that has been seen in the area around the time of the offence.

Minutes later three men have entered the yard of the adjacent premises prior to entering the compound.

The first man is described as white, with brown hair shorter at the sides. He was wearing a grey jacket with black collar light grey bottoms with a white stripe down the sides.

The second man was dressed all in black with white trainers and the third man was wearing a light grey hoody with grey bottoms with a light stripe.

The second offence has taken place at Oncore Food on Millennium Road, off Longridge Road at 10pm on Monday 5th December whereby a catalytic converter and satellite navigation system were stolen.

It is believed that at least two men were involved in this incident; the first man was wearing a blue or purple hoody and dark bottoms, and the second man wearing grey hoody and dark bottoms.

The third offence took place at Geopost UK Ltd on Millennium Road off Longridge Road between 6pm on Monday 5th December and 7am on Tuesday 6th December whereby six catalytic converters have been stolen.

Two catalytic converters were stolen during the most recent offence at Home Insulation Services on Caxton Road, opposite the large Asda store in Fulwood. This theft happened between 5pm on Wednesday 7th December and 7am on Thursday 8th December.

DS Paul Whitehead from Preston Target Team said: “These premises have been specifically targeted and it is clear that the offenders are skilled and know exactly what they are doing.

“I would urge similar local business premises to be vigilant but reassure them that patrols have been increased in the area.

“I would appeal to anybody that thinks they recognise these men or the vehicle in the CCTV images to come forward and contact police on 08451 25 35 45.”

People with information can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
We should shoot them when they are caught :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if i happened to catch one of these scroats robbing my cat id make damn shure that both rear wheels stopped on top of him and it would be a case of "oops sorry officer i didn't check under my van for theives before setting off he must have been trying to nick my cat"

simple thing really and if the scroat managed to roll clear of the wheels id make sure i got it with my towbar then the wheels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back