Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
At Swansea and no log book yet for my foreign trip, they insist if mine has not arrived nearer xmas they will hand write me one that is acceptable all over the world.

I am worried, should I be?

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
The chances of driving out of Swansea are nill. Have you counted your wheels ?

That is not nice !!!!

The DVLA will only keep the log bog / your licence / tax disk then deny that you have ever been there and say it must have been Johns error for asking them in the first place

:ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Perhaps the bloke that sold it hasn't sent his bit off?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
John..

if it don't come I'll write you one .. that's what mates are for :roflmto:

or contact Peter.. he has some dodgy friends in the motor trade ... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
At Swansea and no log book yet for my foreign trip, they insist if mine has not arrived nearer xmas they will hand write me one that is acceptable all over the world.

I am worried, should I be?

hello roadrunner have used a hand writn logbook twice from the DVLA to drive to spain in a subaru ?? and was pulled by the police and it was all fine ? when they say handwritn it is a very official looking document dosnt look like it has been writn ??? dnt worry they are ok thanks dogmanlpool (keith):thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Perhaps the bloke that sold it hasn't sent his bit off?

No its got confusing with private number transfer.

What I will say is if it was down to the DVLA counter girls I would have it all there and then.........

I am not going to worry myself about it, those day's are gone hopefully:winky:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello roadrunner have used a hand writn logbook twice from the DVLA to drive to spain in a subaru ?? and was pulled by the police and it was all fine ? when they say handwritn it is a very official looking document dosnt look like it has been writn ??? dnt worry they are ok thanks dogmanlpool (keith):thumb:

Excellent just what I wanted to hear:thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
They really don't know their a**e from their elbow,12 months after I sold my van they sent me a new logbook!
Apparently they have changed the style.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
This is what i will need and DVLA happy to issue one FOC if my V5 does not arrive in time

From DVLA
The registration certificate may take up to four weeks to arrive. If you need to travel during this time you’ll need to apply for a temporary registration certificate (V379), available from a DVLA local office. You'll need to provide proof of ID and there’s a fee for the service.

Now will Morocco understand one?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
john they really dont care or know what they should look like . there was talk that the last blue logbook was to fit inline with europe .it looked nothing like an eu log book. the new red one is even further away. i have taken things in using the very old log books . never had a problem. its like green cards some are white . but you never get the same colour even if there are 10 of you they are all different . should have just kept the old one and made your own with your name and address on. then sent off for new one.
but dont worry get the written one all will be ok.
again green cards can be hand written or printed depends how or who is supplying.
all a joke ,really is.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
john they really dont care or know what they should look like . there was talk that the last blue logbook was to fit inline with europe .it looked nothing like an eu log book. the new red one is even further away. i have taken things in using the very old log books . never had a problem. its like green cards some are white . but you never get the same colour even if there are 10 of you they are all different . should have just kept the old one and made your own with your name and address on. then sent off for new one.
but dont worry get the written one all will be ok.
again green cards can be hand written or printed depends how or who is supplying.
all a joke ,really is.

Thanxs bigtime Alan:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I had this problem a week before we went to France this year.
Swansea hadnt sent the log book in time.
I rang them, to be told they'd sent it but spelt my name wrong. However, no problem, if I amended it and returned it to them, they would send out a correct one within 4 working weeks.
I went to the Vehicle Registration Office in Lincoln with a commercial invoice for the van along with MOT cert, Insurance, etc, just in case.
For very few Earth Quids they wrote me a temporary Reg Document, which is acceptable anywhere.
It's a proper document.
Why do we need the inefficiency of Swansea? Local VROs are far more helpful.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think swansea is johns local office. glad i live miles away . i use our local office find them very helpfull. cant praise them enough. mind i also deal alot with swansea they can get it together and could easily get it done by friday if they wanted to.
i have had our local office send their vehicle inspector here on a saturday. new log book arrived the following wednesday morning . that was for change of vehicle to m,caravan . but shows they can get it sorted quickly. its a shamewe sometimes after kick their asses to get it right most of the time . but local is best. support your local office.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Got a number system there and if you get the right girl your sorted.........:Smile:

next day get another and DIM is not the word........:RollEyes:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
I had this problem a week before we went to France this year.
Swansea hadnt sent the log book in time.
I rang them, to be told they'd sent it but spelt my name wrong. However, no problem, if I amended it and returned it to them, they would send out a correct one within 4 working weeks.
I went to the Vehicle Registration Office in Lincoln with a commercial invoice for the van along with MOT cert, Insurance, etc, just in case.
For very few Earth Quids they wrote me a temporary Reg Document, which is acceptable anywhere.
It's a proper document.
Why do we need the inefficiency of Swansea? Local VROs are far more helpful.

====

I would have done exactly the same as you to make sure I had a Reg Doc before travelling . It might only have been a few quid at the local VRO for the temp doc , but why should customers have to pay for the incompetence at Swansea ? Like in your case it was them who got the details wrong , not you ?

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I think what's thrown me here is the DVLA saying "Hand written" rather than tempory V5/log book..........

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello roadrunner forgot to mention ? when i got my tempory handwritn logbook ? i did ask coz i wasnt sure and the lady at chester told me that if the police abroad are not sure about somthing that they do just contact DVLA at the side of the road and she said that always get phone calls from police abroad checking on drivers and vehicals ? so dnt worry and enjoy yourself ? dogmanlpool :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
hello roadrunner forgot to mention ? when i got my tempory handwritn logbook ? i did ask coz i wasnt sure and the lady at chester told me that if the police abroad are not sure about somthing that they do just contact DVLA at the side of the road and she said that always get phone calls from police abroad checking on drivers and vehicals ? so dnt worry and enjoy yourself ? dogmanlpool :thumb:

My worry is non EU country and Morocco but Alan has covered that.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
To hoo it may consern
this ear van belomngs to a sheep mollllester hoo goes by the name of Road Runner
this is offficshul DVLA temporary logg bok

There you go John print this out problem solved:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It has just been anounced that the government is shutting ALL of the DVLA local offices everything will be handled by Swansea. Quote
"this is to improve customer service"

My quote is "God Help Us" the only way I have found to get issues sorted was to pay a visit to the local office.

Swansea despite the documents being checked at my local office and declared OK, sent my log book back for a Mercedes, Hymer S700 Motorhome as a Mercedes, Renaullt Scenic, Pickup. I eventually got MMM involved and they then agreed that they had made a mistake.

They would not accept that they had got the revenue weight wrong either untill I went to the local office and got it sorted there.

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
DVLA are notorious for being inefficient Stories are all over the web. One of the scarier stories are from all those people losing motorcycle or HGV entitlements. They get a licence back from renewing or having points added minus the entitlement, Invariably they say "We have no record, take the test again":Eeek:

I have my licence scanned and a copy in my dropbox, but whether they would consider a scan enough evidence of entitlement remains to be seen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back