Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hi all,

We are off the Brugges on the weekend and our choo-choo back is just before 2pm on Sunday so we thought we'd go and stock up on some Christmas refreshments ("hick").

I presume that a lot of the Hypermarkets are closed on a Sunday so does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Good Morning!!

You might be lucky on this one as most of the super/hyper markets will be opened from next week end till Chistmas . I would suggest you to enter this in google : "supermarchés et hypermarchés ouverts ce week end à calais" see what happens . Or , "leclerc et carrefour ouverts les 18 et 19 décembre à calais" . Let me know if you can't find , i'll give a few phones calls to know.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks both!

Frankie, not only have you helped on the shopping front, but also helped me on my way to my current goal of speaking (at least) pidgeon French :roflmto:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Craig, if you are looking to purchase ciggies, booze and chocolates, you can pull of the motorway and head for Adinkerke where the shops will all be open.
Brisey.

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:ROFLMAO: Hi if you go to Andinkerk you could alway's try grazing, turn of the motorway into Andinkirk turn left at the first island and park just past the filling station on your left the have opened a new shop that sell's ciggy's ect but they also sell lot's of Belguim chocolate they open a box of every sort for you to sample if a box is empty just ask they open another for you to sample but be cearfull you might make yourself a little poorly :ROFLMAO::thumb:
have a very Merry Christmas and Newyear everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I presume that a lot of the Hypermarkets are closed on a Sunday so does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!

Do they have hypermarkets in Brugges ? It didn't seem that type of place.

Lots of nice restaurants so go and treat yourself to a proper cappuccino.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Do they have hypermarkets in Brugges ? It didn't seem that type of place.

Lots of nice restaurants so go and treat yourself to a proper cappuccino.

Noooo, before we get on the tunnel in Calais, not Brugge.

As for Cappuccino, now you are getting the idea! :roflmto: Although in Brugge, it'll probably be even more than a Motorway services! :roflmto:

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
No noticeable hypermarkets in Bruges (but the occasional :ROFLMAO: chocloate shop).

Calais hypermarkets usually open for 6 Sundays before Christmas. Carrefour is open 0900-1900 Sundays, Mon - Sat 0830-2100.

The credit crunch is showing. Twenty, fifteen years ago, even, they would have been heaving with Brits. Post duty-free, post duty-paid, post fuel price hikes, the Calais one, admittedly on a wet and windy Monday evening, was empty.

I suppose I should also add, to keep me in work, that some of the offers on board those ferry carriers that are still going are worth a look. Can't compete with Adinkirk on tobacco products as it's not allowed, but the wines and spirit offers, plus 3 for 2 on chocolate etc, are sometimes very good value.

ChampChump, using Richard W's machine...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I was in Auchan Grand Synthe (Dunkirk) on Friday on my way back from Antwerp and stocked up a little (rude not to....) and noted that it will be open Sundays until Christmas. Presumably Auchan Calais will also be open. I prefer the Dunkirk one to Calais

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back