LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
having zapped my control box on my Oyster Vision system ( it got spiked ) I was forced to upgrade to a Vision II+ Oyster controller

Not cheap by by heck !! Glad it happened in one way as it now locks on SO much faster, and thanks to doing it all myself, I know how to programe the thing for any sat. out there ( that is in range ! :Smile: )

The upgrade was fairly simple.. More or less remove the old controller, and plug in the new control.

The actual physical work consisted of:

Stripping back the huge thick multicore wire a few inches as the plug in points for the coax and the control lines from the dish are much further apart on the new controller

Screwing the control to the wall where the old one was

Screwing the remote push button control box that does it all to the wall

programing the control box to work with the Vision dish

All the above was both simple and quick thanks in main to instructions supplied by Paul from Rob Jacksons :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hello Jaws

Sorry for my ignorance, who are Rob Jacksons please

ta

The premier supplier/installer of motorised satellite systems in the UK

Here

And John, did you simply buy the control box and push button display unit seperately leaving the original dish in place?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes indeedee
Completely compatible and an easy swap out..
I did think about putting a dome on but decided I MUCH prefer the bigger dish area I get by sticking with what I have ( and of course the Oyster Vision dish presents FAR less wind resistance when travelling than a dome does )

If I stayed in the UK and never really went more than say, 150 miles, I might have gone towards a dome, but travelling Europe as far south as you can get ( and potentially Russia ), plus the fact we MAY go way up north, I wanted to stick with the 'big boy' dish :)

There is an old saying, you might be able to kid physics, but you can never beat it.. There really is no substitute for physical size

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back