LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have noticed that TomTom have maps for Morocco. Has anyone bought these maps and if so are they comprehensive.
I have detailed maps of North Africa and would use them for day to day traveling but was thinking along the lines of the TomTom would be useful for the POIs.
At around £45 they are not cheap and I would have to lose some of the East European maps on my 700 as its now completely full. The other option is to buy a second hand 700 and download the Morrocan maps onto that.
Comments please.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have the TT 300 go and its getting tired still works fine but dock on last legs and dear to replace and battery no longer keeps charge so only TT only work in dock but still well.

If mappings over 40 quid is there a sat nav out there with Morocco in as standard for a reasonable price..........?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I read on a travel forum a little while ago that the TT map of Moroc covered 78% of the countries road network. (Why I remember details like that I'm not sure) But I do remember thinking that 78% probably covers 100% of the roads I would want to take a motorhome on.

Sorry just looked and I can't find where i was reading this stuff. :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp

Now now Jim I depend on you these day's, c'mon ringleader don't let me down now:winky:

Get your thinking cap on............:winky:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Having spent alittle time touring Morcco and seen the state of most of the roads, I think TomTom would designate most of the roads as "unpaved" therefore there may be a problem getting the tomtom to make a route.

Doug...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Mornin Jim, TomTom are saying 85% coverage. Well thats more than enough but I was thinking it would be useful for the POIs more than anything. ATMs Fuel etc. I just don't want to lose what I have on my old TomTom and am thinking that a cheap used TomTom would be the best option,and just download the Moroccan maps.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
I read on a travel forum a little while ago that the TT map of Moroc covered 78% of the countries road network. (Why I remember details like that I'm not sure) But I do remember thinking that 78% probably covers 100% of the roads I would want to take a motorhome on.

I think the 78% depends on what tomtom has designated as being roads, certainly many of the Moroccan roads would be classified as unpaved in Europe.

Doug...

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Link Removed

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/shop/maps/#deviceSelected=GO 300/500&mapSelected=Morocco

Morocco
Detailed map covering Morocco
Map information
Partial coverage
Morocco (85%)
Roads covered
over 81 800 km / over 50 800 miles
Points of Interest
28 500 Points of Interest
IQ Routes™
IQ Routes™ speed profiles give you the fastest route any time of day.
Delivery information
Our TomTom software will ensure the map will successfully be downloaded to your device.
Version
v8.80
Size
6.7 MB
Map data provider
TomTom

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You can save your uk maps from the tom tom to a computer, then download the morrocan ones and when you get back change back to the uk maps, no need to buy a bigger sd card, I have done that a few times when my sd card got too small for everything I wanted.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You can save your uk maps from the tom tom to a computer, then download the morrocan ones and when you get back change back to the uk maps, no need to buy a bigger sd card, I have done that a few times when my sd card got too small for everything I wanted.

Thats the problem with the 700. Although its a good machine,everything is on a HD and now I have Eastern Europe as well as Western Europe and extra POIs the HD is full. My thinking is to get a refurb 700 which will have enough room left for Morocco after Western Europe and plenty of room for more POIs.
I like the old 700 because the memory is much better than mine nowadays:Sad:
Also its available very cheap for what was once a very expensive piece of kit.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thats the problem with the 700. Although its a good machine,everything is on a HD and now I have Eastern Europe as well as Western Europe and extra POIs the HD is full. My thinking is to get a refurb 700 which will have enough room left for Morocco after Western Europe and plenty of room for more POIs.
I like the old 700 because the memory is much better than mine nowadays:Sad:
Also its available very cheap for what was once a very expensive piece of kit.

Is it possible to download say the eastern Europe maps onto your computer, delete those from the 700 HD and re-introduce them when needed after Morocco?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is it possible to download say the eastern Europe maps onto your computer, delete those from the 700 HD and re-introduce them when needed after Morocco?

My main man has found a way to get them on my 700 now. Morocco is now on with all the others. Saved me the price of another satnav and £45 for tomtoms mapping. The power of the wizkids. Its just a case of waiting till they emerge from there playpen at lunchtime.

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Have noticed that TomTom have maps for Morocco. Has anyone bought these maps and if so are they comprehensive.
I have detailed maps of North Africa and would use them for day to day traveling but was thinking along the lines of the TomTom would be useful for the POIs.
At around £45 they are not cheap and I would have to lose some of the East European maps on my 700 as its now completely full. The other option is to buy a second hand 700 and download the Morrocan maps onto that.
Comments please.

Hi
Did you use your Tom Tom with a Morocco map?

Gaudie

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi
Did you use your Tom Tom with a Morocco map?

Gaudie
Yes no problems at all. I used the one that my main man downloaded for me. Also he did one for Roadrunner at the same time. Which reminds me.......... Where's the drink for the downloaded maps that you promised the lad.:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back