LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
nearly 6 Vans this year, added it to the meet callender if any one else wants to join us feel free to PM me. :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Hee Hee can't wait have'nt been skiing for a couple of years really looking forward to it. Always planned to take the motorhome skiing but never had enough faith in the thermal quality of the Rvs to risk it. Better take the summer junk out and replace with shovel, ladder, brush and chains.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Skiing?
Not on my pay.
Need good pay rates for that.

Is that a no then?

You would actually be suprised how cheap a holiday you can have skiing in a motorhome. for a family of 4 it costs us about £1200 including fuel, aire, ski passes and food.
And if I could only have 1 holiday a year it would be a ski holiday every time. :Cool:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Is that a no then?

You would actually be suprised how cheap a holiday you can have skiing in a motorhome. for a family of 4 it costs us about £1200 including fuel, aire, ski passes and food.
And if I could only have 1 holiday a year it would be a ski holiday every time. :Cool:

£1200. My pension is less than that, so have to keep working.
More than 1 hols a year, Paul?
Must have a good boss to pay so well?
Can you get me a job?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
£1200. My pension is less than that, so have to keep working.
More than 1 hols a year, Paul?
Must have a good boss to pay so well?
Can you get me a job?

Tough at the top John:winky:

Have a good un Paul your in good company with Rory

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I don't know how you have managed to turn a thread of "anyone else for the ski trip" in to a dig at public sector working and no doubt pensions on top but well done :Angry:

Don't forget though we're early 40 both work, Nikki in the PRIVATE SECTOR have kids and a dead parent to help afford our treats.

or perhaps you suggest we should stay at home and moan alot?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I don't know how you have managed to turn a thread of "anyone else for the ski trip" in to a dig at public sector working and no doubt pensions on top but well done :Angry:

Don't forget though we're early 40 both work, Nikki in the PRIVATE SECTOR have kids and a dead parent to help afford our treats.

When i was working i was loaded Paul so don't feel guilty:winky:

Have a great time:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
When i was working i was loaded Paul so don't feel guilty:winky:

Have a great time:thumb:

John,

I do not feel the least bit guilty..... My money is well earned as is Nikki's as are our investments.
I just feel Johnp post was a dig at the fact Im a public sector worker, and I apologise to him if thats wrong.
No funster's no my personal financial situation and neither should they, as it's private. I have more than some but less than others, especially you.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
John,

I do not feel the least bit guilty..... My money is well earned as is Nikki's as are our investments.
I just feel Johnp post was a dig at the fact Im a public sector worker, and I apologise to him if thats wrong.
No funster's no my personal financial situation and neither should they, as it's private. I have more than some but less than others, especially you.:thumb:

I am merely teasing you:winky: but you have trained hard to be where you are today so enjoy it while you can, that's my advice to you and all.........:Cool: i made some errors sadly but would do it again but differently with hindsight.........:Confused:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Not at all, Paul. Just tongue in cheek to see if any reaction, thats all.

I know you both work. See above.

No, get out and enjoy it.

John,

Again,Paul: Not a dig, just fishing.
Your finances are your business, no question.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Unique in this House of Olde Fartes.

We salute you Sir, just keep paying our pensions.

And keep enjoying yourselves, you'll be Olde Fartes all too soon.

Totaly agree on all counts. My parents paid my grandparents pension. I paid my parents pension. I hope my kids still have a job long enough to pay my pension. Am enjoying myslf as much as is possible before becoming to old to care if I fart in public.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul we would loved to have come but Sophie isn't on holiday until week after maybe when we have our new van:ROFLMAO: it will be winterised but in the mean time is there any chance you could lend me a tenner since iv'e heard your a bit flush:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Paul we would loved to have come but Sophie isn't on holiday until week after maybe when we have our new van:ROFLMAO: it will be winterised but in the mean time is there any chance you could lend me a tenner since iv'e heard your a bit flush:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yeah no worries Gerry, I know you spent all yours on Sophies new dress at Cheshire oaks.

Ill sort you out at the new year meet, :Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont let that tit head Cameron know you got a few quid or he try get is greedy paws on that you in joy it Paul:winky:
thats a bit harsh on tits yosser, they serve a better purpose than cameron.

they feed the hungry :winky: and support the leisure industry in a hands-on kind of way :Eeek: :roflmto:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
What are the rates for parking up at Val Thorens?

We might be interested in tagging along!!!:Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
What are the rates for parking up at Val Thorens?

We might be interested in tagging along!!!:Smile:

Hi Jon and Shell, the rates are 120e for 5/6/7 nights. Its only a car park with a borne, but the advantage is, it can be booked. We have stayed on many Ski aires that have been difficult to get a place on in the School holidays so just like the knowledge of having somewhere to stay

on the trip so far and booked --
Haganap
Forestboy
CLS
Monsi
Ash&Lynn
MandyMartin

Still another couple of vans very interested and coming if they can sort this or that out.:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are also in a position where it is difficult to plan too far ahead at this time.
We are really keen on the idea though and have found all the info for booking the parking in advance!

We will keep an eye on this thread and will let you know closer to the time.

Thanks,

Jon and Shell:Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
OK, Sorted!

We'll book our parking spot and be joining you on the 12th!

If you get short of Fray Bentos, post your orders on this thread and we'll pick 'em up before we cross the Channel!!!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
OK, Sorted!

We'll book our parking spot and be joining you on the 12th!

If you get short of Fray Bentos, post your orders on this thread and we'll pick 'em up before we cross the Channel!!!::bigsmile:

Rock on jonandshell

look forward to spending a few days with you. Do you ski?

Oh and we only use Fray bentos pies for throwing htem at JJ.:winky:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We both have skied many moons ago, but will both be attending lessons to hone our finely forgotten skills!::bigsmile:

Should we have a 'best bruised arse' award ceremony for the Friday night?::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back