Snow chains (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2011
NorthEast
Funster No
MH
Low-profile coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I've just been trying on some snow chains (in the dry!) without much success. The fitting instruction lists my tyres 215/70-15 but I found that the red fastener, which is supposed to loop through a red ring then cross the wheel before connecting with a yellow chain link is far too short - it barely goes through the red ring.

Is this normal for a chain that lists 29 different tyre sizes for this particular model? It is Ultimate Speed Size 100 Delta-Sport-Nr. SK-1437, of German manufacture from a very well known supermarket chain(!).

I've emailed the service dept but I was wondering if any Funster could offer some sensible(!) advice. :swear:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thanks for reminding me to go and try the ones i bought last year hope they fit :Doh:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've just been trying on some snow chains (in the dry!) without much success. The fitting instruction lists my tyres 215/70-15 but I found that the red fastener, which is supposed to loop through a red ring then cross the wheel before connecting with a yellow chain link is far too short - it barely goes through the red ring.

Is this normal for a chain that lists 29 different tyre sizes for this particular model? It is Ultimate Speed Size 100 Delta-Sport-Nr. SK-1437, of German manufacture from a very well known supermarket chain(!).

I've emailed the service dept but I was wondering if any Funster could offer some sensible(!) advice. :swear:
have you thought of looking at the actual tyre size stamped on your tyres rather than relying on some blurb from the chain manufacturers ?:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
hi
somewhere in the packing / instruction will list the range of tyres the chain will fit First check that the size of your tyre is in the list then you are sure that it will fit . Take the spare wheel out from your car and try fitting the chain It will be much easier and will give you an idea how it is suppose to go on the tyre, practice a couple of times putting on and off.
When you are confident how it should fit then go and try fitting it to the ones on your car (front wheels on front wheel car and rear wheels on rear wheel car ) Hope this help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bernintboro
Dec 1, 2011
NorthEast
Funster No
MH
Low-profile coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
have you thought of looking at the actual tyre size stamped on your tyres rather than relying on some blurb from the chain manufacturers ?:Doh:
Cheers PJ/1948, The figures I have quoted are the ones on my tyres which correspond with those on the fitting instruction list for the Size 100. Unfortunately the red connecting chain appears to be too short. I hope the service people come back with a suitable response. :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cheers PJ/1948, The figures I have quoted are the ones on my tyres which correspond with those on the fitting instruction list for the Size 100. Unfortunately the red connecting chain appears to be too short. I hope the service people come back with a suitable response. :RollEyes:
sounds very much like right packaging, wrong chains :Sad:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back