Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Evening all,nice and wet here in morecambe,Im looking for a back storage box to fit on my cycle rack on back of motorhome.I was offered one but he backed out due to is wife nagging him,so back to square one.Does any of you fellow motor homers out there know where i can get one,either second hand or i will buy new.I want one for carrying my Honda genny and ancilary equipment in.Look forward to listening to your wise wisdom.AllTheBest,THE BANDIT
:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
personally i would think that any of the roof boxes would do if you can find one the right dimensions.
other than that a call to peter at Johns Cross they will carry a stock of rear boxes.
maybe some of the other dealers may have one off a second hand motorhome.

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
thanks Andy

Evenin Andy,Im goin to try riversway at Preston,they are part off the Marquis group.Much appreciated for your thread.THE BANDIT:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I got a Fiamma Ultra box off Ebay, took a while to find one at a decent price, got mine for £50 had to make some new fixings but does the job. Take note of the sizes, the bigest one is quite wide.
Tried to add photo

John
6467120277_de45e127b9_m.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Just down the coast

I have a large Fiamma Ultrabox for sale c/w fittings and keys offers around £70
Will

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You say your going to use your backbox to keep your generator and things in.
Having seen how easy it is to open a plastic Fiama backbox I am in the process of having one made from checkerplate aluminium. The backboxes are just at the right height to be easily broken into and all the scroats know that we keep the genny in there.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
yes the security issue is a problem, I think all the Fiamma back boxes use the same key :Eeek:. I only keep chairs etc in ours, if it wasn't in the box, it would be under the van while on site.

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
thanks Neil,Ive looked at that website very interesting,i am going to ring them tomorow,and see how much it will cost to get one fabricated.All the best.THE BANDIT. AKA PHIL::bigsmile:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
check what weight the bike rack can carry then deduct the weight of the box this will then give you how much load you can carry in the box, mine was 60 kg and box weighed about 18kg ,but because it sticks out from the back of the van and the weight increases because of the cantilever action you have to be sure you have enough spare pay load on the back axle, (if you understand what i am saying::bigsmile:)

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
mornin Bigfoot,have u still got that box 4 sale,i would like 2 buy it.can u give mre a bell on 07780595375,much appreciated.THE BANDIT:thumb:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Evening all,nice and wet here in morecambe,Im looking for a back storage box to fit on my cycle rack on back of motorhome.I was offered one but he backed out due to is wife nagging him,so back to square one.Does any of you fellow motor homers out there know where i can get one,either second hand or i will buy new.I want one for carrying my Honda genny and ancilary equipment in.Look forward to listening to your wise wisdom.AllTheBest,THE BANDIT
:Smile:

We have a truma grey box for sale. Fits on the cycle rack. Biggest we could find and loads of room for genie and equipment.

We are in the north east.... Durham

Pm me.

June

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Evenin all,thank you for all your imput,I have now bought a Ultra 500 off Bigfoot,collected it today from is home on the wirral.So it is fitted now,just need a couple of long U,bolts.I think this forum is very good for buying bits and peices and getting good info about motorhomes in general.Thanks again Bigfoot it was plesure meeting you and your family.All the best.THE BANDIT
::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back