Caravan Club Wardens (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A post I made on another thread. Same topic.

Try this caravan jobs site http://www.caravan-jobfinder.co.uk/

Also write to the Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravan Club .. if successful they give training and more importantly pay the minimum wage + a pitch with a proper employment contract.. ..

many others offer a pitch and expect you to work all hours god sends for little money .. so ask what the hourly rate is and what is included in the package.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Anyone have any experience of doing this job? Looking to combine with full-timing. All advice welcome.

You can't start until you have been discharged from hospital after your by-pass op-charisma bypass that is!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maroom2

Free Member
Apr 4, 2011
l,estartit,costa brava
Funster No
MH
bessacarr
Exp
rookie
same idea

just foned the caravan club today about the same thing.1st,you have to be a member of the cc for a min of 1 year.2nd,training can take a long time.3rd,then you av to wait for a vacancy.heres the contact-christine01342 336600.good luck

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
try eurocamp,frenchlife or canvas holidays you then get to be in europe being paid and with time off simpels:thumb:

HayleyB

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2006
Anyone have any experience of doing this job? Looking to combine with full-timing. All advice welcome.

Hello

We too are planning to become caravan club wardens within the next 5 years, the caravan club website explains the procedure, but does say that you can wait quite a long time for a vacancy to arise. Would love to hear from anyone else who has already done this and how long they waited for a vacancy to come a long:Smile:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
wardens

We have chatted to quite a few wardens about how they got into the job.
Very interesting some of the answers, though the selection process isn`t an easy ride, apparently they bring in actors and simulate a problem situation.

Once selected getting a position can depend on how flexible you are in which areas you are willing to accept, one couple we spoke to were told a minimum of 18mths.
They were then offered a site 2 weeks later as they said they didn`t mind where they went.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
You can't start until you have been discharged from hospital after your by-pass op-charisma bypass that is!

Slightly unfair..........I have met one or two who are slightly officious....but the vast majority have been really brilliant.................totally friendly and helpful.
I think the stereotype of caravan club sites being over regimented and unfriendly.......is way out of date. But I expect some one will be along with tales that Adoft Hitler has been reincarnated in the guise of a warden somewhere or other........name names please:Smile:

barry

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Never had a problem with any warden on a CC or CCC site treat them with respect and i find you get the same in return :thumb:

Neither have we but we have seen some at this side of the counter that would make a saint swear

Next time you get a horrid warden look in the mirror and hope it was the camper before you that wound him up and not you

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Neither have we but we have seen some at this side of the counter that would make a saint swear

Next time you get a horrid warden look in the mirror and hope it was the camper before you that wound him up and not you

Good point...........I remember a warden getting a right mouthful by a guy who smelt of drink..........at the Cambridge CC site ........a right bolshy git
and he went on to say he would report the warden to his mate who was a director of the CC.......the warden a lovely chap had allocated this guy a pitch he didnt like.... unusual for the CC but its policy at that site because its all cramped cul de sacs and you cant easily drive around it...and they detailed the policy on a notice on the door.

Yes some of the members ( as always) let the side down ..I was talking to a CC warden a couple of weeks ago....in kent and he said in the summer there are a large number of parents who go out for the day and leave their little darlings on site to run wild with their new made mates for the best part of the day .

Shocked of Sussex !!! What's the world coming to !!!!!

barry:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You have no chance of getting a Wardens job unless you are li9ke this

Broken Link Removed

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long

Hard work, join a private site and clock in and out....mucho better pay.

Want some reco-mendo in Devon C/wall just ask.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We went to one of their assessment days, they didn't want us, was pleased about that!
As a warden you get one day off per week, you are on call 24 hrs.
We decided to find campsites that want extra help in high season, we've done 4 seasons so far just cleaning 2 hrs a day!

Reactions: DBK

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
There are a couple of Funsters I know who have worked for the CCC as wardens for a couple of years. @crizatuk and @Theonlysue
Send them a PM and ask them how they got their jobs and if they enjoyed it or not. I'm sure they'd be happy to share their experiences.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Have seen the warden jobs where they want a couple to work 2 to 3 hours a day each in exchange for a pitch. At minimum wage it seems a very expensive pitch, do they get people to do it ?

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Have seen the warden jobs where they want a couple to work 2 to 3 hours a day each in exchange for a pitch. At minimum wage it seems a very expensive pitch, do they get people to do it ?

Yes 'they' do get people to do that-we are some of those people!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi it was not meant to offend I just thought at £6.50 an our x 3 for 2 people is £39 and I thought it was a lot of money for a pitch. We are all different in what we want. Cheers

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Believe it or not some people actually enjoy it irrespective of the cash inducement. I guess it all depends on your mindset.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Meeting and dealing with joe public I would definitely need a cash incentive. Haha

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We considered becoming wardens but having researched it a little on most sites it sounds too much like hard work! We prefer the idea of house sitting (with the motorhome) as a way to get out & see a bit of the Europe & have adventures on a low budget. Need to start & get some references in the UK first. If any Funsters like this idea perhaps we could start a house sitting service between us?! Could really suit those full timing not just those that like the idea of a free base to explore an area. Don't have to have access to homes just parking, water, waste & possibly wi fi in return for watering plants, feeding/walking animals, cutting grass etc plus increased security.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
perhaps we could start a house sitting service between us?! Could really suit those full timing not just those that like the idea of a free base to explore an area. Don't have to have access to homes just parking, water, waste & possibly wi fi in return for watering plants, feeding/walking animals, cutting grass etc plus increased security.
Might be worth starting a new thread on this @Wombles , maybe even a Group?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Like the idea of the house sitting. I will be doing this for a friend when they go on holiday, also will be in charge of looking after the hens. Although they have offered full use of the house I prefer to live in my van then I know what my dog is up to!!
Security (and hens) is the main reason they want a 'sitter' as they are in the country but with a public footpath adjacent.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Meeting and dealing with joe public I would definitely need a cash incentive. Haha

'Joe public' can be a pain in the a.....se but then we are all 'Joe public' aren't we at some point!
We help out on a lovely site we do just two hours a day 6 days a week, yes we clean the facilities blocks and we get days when they look like a bombs gone off in them but most days they're good! The rest of the day we can do as we please.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back