Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
as somebody who for years suffered with indigestion,i could eat renni like they were sweet's even see the doc about it,then on a trip to sri lanka,got talking to a guy about my problem,and he said simple remedy,lemons:thumb:
i could not eat an fb pie or pork pie or a tomato with the skin on,or drink cider,without suffering acid indigestion,so i started drinking lemon juice dilluted in water, every night before bed,and for years i have not suffered:thumb:
it has other health benifits aswell,read below.

Broken Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks for that tip, Chris. I don't have that problem but my mum does so will try it out.:Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
as somebody who for years suffered with indigestion,i could eat renni like they were sweet's even see the doc about it,then on a trip to sri lanka,got talking to a guy about my problem,and he said simple remedy,lemons:thumb:
i could not eat an fb pie or pork pie or a tomato with the skin on,or drink cider,without suffering acid indigestion,so i started drinking lemon juice dilluted in water, every night before bed,and for years i have not suffered:thumb:
it has other health benifits aswell,read below.

Broken Link Removed

I find it works just as well with gin instead of water:winky:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Will give it a try, but equally, if you believe something works, then it proly will..

Whilst your at it, perhaps you could try this cure too ? alternate to lemon juice therapy
as an old bricky,we used to use urine,after laying wet breeze blocks all day:thumb:
can you think what for?:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Other uses for urine ....... chilblains. and for having the best and bushiest geraniums in yer garden:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Is it washing your hands in, gets rid of whatever is in the blocks? cos I know they wreak havoc with the skin.

I know Urea cream is excellent for the bottoms of your tootsies, also eczema/psoriasis - as is drinking your own pee (providing it's fresh and you haven't got a UTI of course) and stuff like that.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
correct:thumb:
the older bricky's used to piss on their hands to toughen them up:thumb:
never tried it myself i used to wear marygolds:thumb:
but if jaws want's to try something for me::bigsmile:
he could try haveing a sh*t in his hat,apprently is reverses baldness,i have a full head of hair so no point me trying:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:RollEyes: oh dear, I can see a joke coming up here from Yosser....:whatthe:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Actually.......................

I worked briefly at Fords in the case making dept.
Basically banging in nails for 10 hours a night !
Peeing on the blisters was the standard way to your blisters in to callouses

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Not so strange Brian

Very strange, drink acid to cure acid indigestion.

According to nutritionist Patrick Holford much indigestion is caused by not having enough stomach acid to break down food effectively. especially in older people...

As far as using urine for medical purposes, it's well known in Greece to reduce the pain of jellyfish stings!

Catherine

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I got done for urinating in public just after I left university.

I should have told the copper I was trying to toughen my hands:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As far as using urine for medical purposes, it's well known in Greece to reduce the pain of jellyfish stings!

Catherine

Noooooooooooooooooooooo... Sorry Catherine
You seem to have misunderstood mate.

Its well known in Greece that you GET pissed to reduce the pain of a jellyfish sting !

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Proportions

Hi Chris,
My wife suffers terribly from acid indigestion. What proportions do you mix lemon juice with water? 50-50?
Many thanks for your advice.

Bob

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi Chris,
My wife suffers terribly from acid indigestion. What proportions do you mix lemon juice with water? 50-50?
Many thanks for your advice.

Bob
about a desert spoon to half a pint:thumb:
it will not stop indigestion if you already have it it a proactive remedy,take it daily around bedtime:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
So why, Jaws,

did that very nice Greek man insist on p**sing on my leg when I got stung???????????????? I was quite sober!!

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
This is correct lemon juice diluted is definitely helpful. I have alot of issues with certain foods so have to be very wary of what I eat and can suffer with terrible indigestion. This will aid in calming your system down.

Also as you get older your digestive system reduces in effectiveness by around 40% thats probably why you find things that you could eat and drink at one time don't quite agree with you now.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
did that very nice Greek man insist on p**sing on my leg when I got stung???????????????? I was quite sober!!

Possibly cos he was a dirty old perv, or he had simply been taken short and needed somewhere to go ?? ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Omperazole is one of the most common used medicines in the UK. Designed for dealing with Acid reflux.
Of course Lemmon juice mints and many other foods can help resolve the problem. But, Also, it is extremely important to keep an eye on things.
Acid reflux or heartburn can be associated with many many other problems. Gallstones, stomach ulcers and even pancreatic cancer to name a few.
So before jumping for that slice of lemon to cure the result, it may be worthwhile to explore the cause and keep your Dr involved.

I used to have real bad acid reflux, Dr put me on Omeprazole, I stopped smoking, lost weight and rarely am I bothered by it any more. :thumb:

http://heartburn.about.com/od/whatcausesheartburn/Heartburn_Causes_Causes_of_Acid_Reflux.htm

Medications That May Cause Heartburn
While we most often think of certain foods as causing heartburn, some medications can also cause heartburn.
Heartburn Causes - Your Top Heartburn Causes
For some people, food is their top cause of heartburn. For others, exercise or going to bed too soon after eating causes the most heartburn for them. What is your top heartburn causes? Share your story about what most often causes your heartburn.
Does Being Overweight Increase the Chance of Having Heartburn?
Does weight affect your chances of having heartburn?
How Does Heartburn Happen?
To fully understand heartburn, it’s important to understand the mechanisms of a healthy digestive system.
Achalasia
Achalasia is a disorder of the esophagus that affects the esophagus' ability to move food toward the stomach. Also, the valve from the esophagus to the stomach (lower esophageal sphincter or LES) does not relax enough during swallowing to allow food to enter the stomach.
Smoking and Your Digestive System
Smoking has been shown to have harmful effects on all parts of the digestive system, contributing to such common disorders as heartburn and peptic ulcers. It also increases the risk of Crohn's disease and possibly gallstones. Smoking seems to affect the liver, too, by changing the way it handles drugs and alcohol. In fact, there seems to be...
Causes of Acid Reflux Disease: Alcohol Is Out, Salt Is In
A new study suggests that drinking alcohol, coffee and tea may not cause acid reflux disease as once thought. That is surprising enough, but even more unexpected was the findings that table salt may increase a person's risk of developing acid reflux by 70%.
Gastric Disorders That Cause Heartburn / Acid Reflux
There are several digestive disorders, such as GERD, ulcers and hiatal hernias, that can cause heartburn symptoms. Knowing the facts will help in the treatment and prevention of heartburn.
10 Most Frequent Causes of Heartburn / Acid Reflux
There are several causes of heartburn / acid reflux. There are those that are the most frequent causes of heartburn. Finding out what these are can help you make changes in your lifestyle and habit so you can prevent the acid reflux from happening.
Indigestion Vs Heartburn
Some people who suffer from heartburn report to others that they are suffering from a case of indigestion. Though they both have similar triggers, and treatment may be the same in many instances, indigestion isn't the same thing as heartburn. For example, indigestion is the condition, and heartburn occasionally is a symptom.
Facts and Fallacies About Digestive Diseases
As researchers learn more about the many diseases that affect the digestive system, people are gradually replacing folklore, old wives' tales, and rumors about causes and treatments of digestive diseases with accurate information. But misunderstandings still exist, and while some folklore is harmless, some can be dangerous if it keeps a person...
What Are Your Stomach Pain Symptoms Trying to Tell You?
If you are suffering from stomach pain, you need to find the cause before you can start a treatment. Listed below are a few of the conditions that can cause stomach pain.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We used to have this Irish Guardsman in our unit he used to wee in his boots and leave it overnight, to soften the leather, You didn't want to share a basha with him if he took his boots off:whatthe:

If you have any probs with indigestion I suggest you see your Doctor and get some "OMEPRAZOLE" capsules prescribed. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Spicey Currys, Nasi Gorangs, Any Chilli dishes, Sardines! You will be able to eat anything! with no come back!:thumb: No more burping, glooping, mini sicks, acid in the throat:Angry:

Ah the wonders of modern medicine!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back