RAPIDO 997M MERCEDES 2200cc Auto (1 Viewer)

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
We looked at a RAPIDO 997M MERCEDES 2200cc Automatic, left hand drive. Has anyone had or got one of these or know anything good or bad about them?
We only need it for 3 or 4 persons but as we plan to travel around Europe in the next 2 years would like to travel in comfort. We plan to be away for 6 weeks at a time probably 4 times a year.
I did notice there is only 1 mains 110V socket as it was originally purchased in Spain.
Can this be connected to the 240V supply in the UK on sites?
Thankyou
Peter

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Probably the socket is different, but, should be 220v. I would think that a good electrician would be able to add a few more sockets for you.

Craig

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi
We looked at a RAPIDO 997M MERCEDES 2200cc Automatic, left hand drive. Has anyone had or got one of these or know anything good or bad about them?
We only need it for 3 or 4 persons but as we plan to travel around Europe in the next 2 years would like to travel in comfort. We plan to be away for 6 weeks at a time probably 4 times a year.
I did notice there is only 1 mains 110V socket as it was originally purchased in Spain.
Thankyou
Peter

Hi Peter saw this info of the Rapido on a merc 997....it is off another M/h forum.:Doh::winky: it could be dark info:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:

Rapido 997M

(Below is an independant and unbiased review of a Rapido 997M
A beautifully made motorhome! 4 Berth, with pull down bed at the front and equally comfortable fixed bed at the rear. Our 13 year old son enjoys the extremely comfortable mattress, so much so that we cannot get him to sleep outside in a tent! All fixtures and fittings are of very high standard. Separate shower to the toilet. There is a full partition door which pulls across in front of the shower cubicle and bathroom to make it en-suite. This gives us added privacy and extra space when getting washed/dressed/undressed etc. We made our own alterations to the t.v cabinate in that we now accomodate a microwave in the cupboard with a flat screen t.v./dvd attached above on a sliding bracket.
The oven was provided as part of the U.K. spec. Grill is very poor in that it takes forever to cook anything. Good amount of cupboards both above and below in kitchen area. Sitting area is very comfortable, with L shaped sofa (complete with two forward facing seatbelts, (a must for us with a kid) and sofa opposite. Both front driving chairs rotate around allowing good seating for the table (this unfolds and swivels easily). Driving seats (captain) are extremly comfortable, with good visibility from side and front windows. Fitted blinds are easily pulled together on an evening or when the sun is glaring in and are very effective.
We added optional extras such as autocruise and automatic transmission (sprint shift), making it very easy to drive. cab air-conditioning and rear on road heating is standard.
The rear garage is a must for us, swallowing 3 push bikes and all mannor of other stuff!. We have not filled it yet.
The Merc engine is fantastic, we are sure that the 997 will pull 90+ mph on the flat, we have where allowed seen 85mph in Germany without a problem , 70 mph is easy up hill with a full load. Fuel consumption is currently averaging at 20 mpg when travelling on motorways at 70 mph, we feel 60 mph will return closer to 25 mpg.
The only slight niggle we can find in the 997 is that it would benefit from the Mercedes footbrake/handbrake approach. Applying the handbrake by a foot pedal removes the need for the traditional handbrake which can present a slight to moderate problem when rotating the drivers seat after applying the handbrake on either a hill or when on levelling blocks.
The second and last niggle is that the rear corner steadies are a bit flimsy, I have managed to bend the near side unit with little effort, I guess that the good thing is that the thin bracket can be easily bent back into shape.

All in all we are very pleased with our Rapido and look forward to many years of use.)

Mel....I hope it helps:Doh:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Spanish mains is 230v same as here, only the plug/socket is different. Are you sure the engine is 2200cc as mine (999m) is 3L.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Well made vehicle, we considered Rapido alongside Hymer when looking for ours. The Merc base is good and the engine should be sufficiently powerful. Ours is the 2.7 litre and has loads of oomph so the slightly smaller version should still be good. Don't bother about the handbrake on hills issue if it has a full - auto, that will hold it for hill starts - in fact I rarely use the handbrake except when parking. Two auto boxes were available: a 5-speed full auto with torque converter (I have that) or a 6-speed automated shift called Sprintshift. There have been some reports of problems with the Sprintshift, but then again, many people have reported that they are very happy with it. It is slightly more economical than the 5-speed version. As a guide, I get just under 25 mpg (calculated over the five years we have owned the MH).:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi
Thankyou
Peter
if you want comfort then look at an American RV we have a georgieboy pursute only 25 foot long has full bed room half bath shower drives better than any euro motorhome all this for less than £30K
Now for luxury there is nothing to compare it to:thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We have a 983M 2.2 auto (not sprintshift) and are very pleased with it.
The engine pulls very well even fully loaded and the auto is very smooth.
We never drive very fast - keeping to about 55mph on the motorway where the cruise control really comes into it's own.
Average fuel consumption over 3000 miles since we bought it in June has been about 25.5mpg
All the seats and beds are comfortable.
We negotiated extra mains sockets with the dealer we bought it from.
The only problem we have had with it was the handle on the inside of the habitation door breaking. This meant we had to open the window and stick our hand out to use the exterior handle until the replacement part arrived from Rapido (took about 3 weeks)
I can't think of a reason not to buy it if it is the right layout and has all the features you are looking for.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Was drooling over a fully spec'd 999M (owner had ticked all the boxes) last week even had a sat system, what a machine!:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back