Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18 months
Hi this is my first time!!!!! Looking at sat nav's and want one that will accept co-ordinates and take me directly to my destination without any more info ie address and postcode. Anyone out there who can recommend one:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi this is my first time!!!!! Looking at sat nav's and want one that will accept co-ordinates and take me directly to my destination without any more info ie address and postcode. Anyone out there who can recommend one:thumb:

When you say co-ordinates do you mean Lat and Long?

and welcome.......:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Pasha

Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18 months
Yes that's exactly what I mean. Thanks for the welcome. I notice you are from Tyne & Wear - so are we originally place called Chester le Street,

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
my tomtom xxl europe allows long lat input.

I like the large screen...................good value and whole of europe .

if you like tom toms (which I prefer) its a good'un

barry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wotcha Pasha.. welcome on board

I personally have three different makes.. The one I trust the most and find easiest to use is the Garmin.. I have a few of them and they are most excellent.. ( Zumo, Nuvi and Streetpilots x 3 )

The downside is the cost of map updates on the garmins.. The TomTom updates ( unofficial ones supplied by users ) are free and constant..

The downside of Tomtoms is the god awful ( read non-existent ) customer care / after sales service, the incredibly slow route finding, the amazingly slow reworks if you miss a turn and the non-intuitive place finder

The upside of the Tomtom is the way they display turnings is excellent and the voice commands very good indeed

I also have a 7" screened unit that is similar to the Snooper but without the issues and problems they seem to have .
It is a Ci Windows based pad type affair with most excellent screen and routing ability
When I bought it it came with the all western European countries. I asked them to add Croatia and Hungary maps which they did at no extra charge. ( bought from a company called Electronics World Wide Ltd who hail from Dutton nr Northwich )

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I bought a Garmin1490 with Lifetime Map updates when my Mio packed up just outside Dover.
I hated it at first-until I learned (as we toured France,Spain and Portugal) how to use it.
One thing I love on it, is that it will accept co-ords in 3 different formats ::bigsmile:
The more I use it-the better it gets.

Mike

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I got an amazingly cheap sat nav in Spain a month or two ago. It cost 59 euros and it does everything including Long and Latitude.

I have a Snooper in my motorhome, which I'm not impressed with at all, and couldn't resist seeing how this cheapo one compares. It has nicer graphics is easier to use, and is small enough to pop in my pocket and use when we go for a walk.

I bumped into someone who has an iPhone and they had exactly the same software on their phone as was on the satnav I bought, which was cool if you have an iPhone.

If it might be of use I will get the name for you tonight as I don't have it with me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've used a TT One XL since 2007 .. battery is shot but apart from that can't fault it. So instead of upgrading the maps and replacing the battery it's just as cheap to buy new, same model at £99.99 from Halfords who have some good deals on all Sat Navs.

Halfords

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Wotcha Pasha.. welcome on board

I personally have three different makes.. The one I trust the most and find easiest to use is the Garmin.. I have a few of them and they are most excellent.. ( Zumo, Nuvi and Streetpilots x 3 )

The downside is the cost of map updates on the garmins.. The TomTom updates ( unofficial ones supplied by users ) are free and constant..

The downside of Tomtoms is the god awful ( [HI]read non-existent ) customer care[/HI] / after sales service, the incredibly slow route finding, the amazingly slow reworks if you miss a turn and the non-intuitive place finder

The upside of the Tomtom is the way they display turnings is excellent and the voice commands very good indeed

I also have a 7" screened unit that is similar to the Snooper but without the issues and problems they seem to have .
It is a Ci Windows based pad type affair with most excellent screen and routing ability
When I bought it it came with the all western European countries. I asked them to add Croatia and Hungary maps which they did at no extra charge. ( bought from a company called Electronics World Wide Ltd who hail from Dutton nr Northwich )

Read this, I concur:Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back