CL sites in Cheshire or Derbyshire (1 Viewer)

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi one and all!

I've just taken delivery of my first mobile home, a VW Gatcombe! So I have a HUGE learning curve ahead of me!

I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me of some good local cheap, small sites in Derbyshire or Cheshire, or Staffordshire??? I need to find my feet first!

Also, I think I'm going to need a camera on the back, to make things safe....I dont want to spend more that £200 but dont want to get rubbish either......any suggestions???

And finally...........and most importantly, will I be able to use a hairdryer without any extras if there is elec. hookup on site???

Do hope you can help??

Many thanks for taking the trouble to read all this!!xx

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Welcome Boogie, VW Gatcombe, you'll have some fun in that. Warm welcome to the Fun haven't got a clue about CL's up there but someone will be here to help in minutes.:thumb:Enjoy

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Welcome Boogie, VW Gatcombe, you'll have some fun in that. Warm welcome to the Fun haven't got a clue about CL's up there but someone will be here to help in minutes.:thumb:Enjoy

Thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hi Boogie

Caravan Club CL's are only available to CC members. They are searchable online if you are a member. Not sure about Caravan & Camping Club ones?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Some of my favourites
The Square and Compass Darly Dale nr. Matlock
http://www.thesquareandcompass.co.uk/

The Cotton Arms Wrenbury alongside canal and 2 minutes from village general store bakery and gas.
www.thecottonarms.com

The Wingfield Arms nr Shrewsbury Bus stop to Shrewsbury outside pub
www.thewingfieldarms.com

Waun Wyllt Five Roads Horab nr Llanelli
www.waunwyllt.com

Three Magpies Seend nr Devizes Wiltshire
www.threemagpies.co.uk

and more to come.

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Where in Cheshire are you, could then make a suggestion over the rear camera

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to FUN and yes, you will be able to use a hairdryer on most hook ups in the UK. Most provide 16amps which is more than enough, just check you're not putting the kettle, fan heater, toaster etc. on at the same time! :Smile:

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
cl sites , camera.

Hi , Ronboyracer, (thats me) try the Churchhouse nr congleton, right on the Maccclesfield canal, £10 per night with hook up, superb food in the pub and not expensive.
Not too far away is TOWTAL (go on the website) for all your motorhome needs will fix you up with a camera, ask for Bill the owner, and mention that guy with the kit car. I really admire the solo motorhomer, needs a lot of guts, enjoy, its brilliant, especially if you can venture further afield. Best of luck.

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi Boogie

Caravan Club CL's are only available to CC members. They are searchable online if you are a member. Not sure about Caravan & Camping Club ones?

Thanks Jenny! I'm joining after Christmas!

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi , Ronboyracer, (thats me) try the Churchhouse nr congleton, right on the Maccclesfield canal, £10 per night with hook up, superb food in the pub and not expensive.
Not too far away is TOWTAL (go on the website) for all your motorhome needs will fix you up with a camera, ask for Bill the owner, and mention that guy with the kit car. I really admire the solo motorhomer, needs a lot of guts, enjoy, its brilliant, especially if you can venture further afield. Best of luck.

You STAR thanks SO much! I;ve found towtal online. So have you used them yourself? Can you recommend them for good workmanship etc or is it just someone you know?

My brother's got a kit car too!

Thanks for the encouraging remarks about my solo efforts!!

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Ah, thanks! I dont understand all this ampage and wattage yet.

How can a hookup be 16amp?

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Towtal

Yes I have used them myself , always had good service , very friendly and only 10 miles down the road , I must add though , you might need to spend more than £200 , do you really need one ? I have one , and I must admit they are usefull most of the time , but when the sun is on the lens giving bad lighting conditions , it is usually wise to get out and check
:ROFLMAO:Im great going forward rubbish in reverse if in doubt check:ROFLMAO:

jensmith

Free Member
Nov 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach
Exp
Since 2010
Try Birchwood farm caravan park near Matlock. The rates seem fairly reasonable with electric.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
If you have someone that is handy with wires etc you could always buy one and have it fitted,
checkout ebay, the link i am giving has just been recomended on another forum where the person had to replace a broken one on his vehicle, he stated that he could buy 4 or 5 of these for the price he was quoted for a replacement

Link Removed

if you scroll to the bottom of that page you will see cameras and screens of all sorts of sizes and prices.

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi Boogie

Thanks Jenny, for your help!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back