Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hi all,

We're off to the Gower for a one nighter this weekend but we're struggling to find a site.

Has anyone got any info on any sites that are open all year? I know Pitton Cross are, but they have a minimum 2 night stay which we'd love to do, but can only squeeze one night in this weekend.

Would also be interested in any wild spots if there are none available.

Thanks

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi Craig
I believe the site i Port Eynon Is open all year ( will try to find details locally )

Broken Link Removed
Just outside Llanelli open all year

Link Removed
Just off junction 45 M4

Wilding sites mumbles knab rock or just outside Pembrey country park

The Countryman in Scurlage I have been told they will allow vans to stay if they eat and drink there but can not confirm this.

I hope this helps

Rob :thumb:

Port eynon
Link Removed
not cheap and the road in quite narrow through the village

Last edited:
OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks Rob,

Although Gateway also has a 2 night minimum and I don't fancy Swansea :roflmto:

I'm from the Caerphilly area (although live the midlands) and was going to pay the family a visit on Sunday, but fancied a stroll down to the Gower first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi all,

We're off to the Gower for a one nighter this weekend but we're struggling to find a site.

Has anyone got any info on any sites that are open all year? I know Pitton Cross are, but they have a minimum 2 night stay which we'd love to do, but can only squeeze one night in this weekend.

Would also be interested in any wild spots if there are none available.

Thanks

Try Carreglwyd I think that is the name of the site it is on the front of Port Eynon.

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Thanks Griffs, Rob beat you to it though already phoned and they are open! :roflmto:

Looking forward to it and weather is currently showing Sunny (albeit chilly) for Sunday!

S

stagman

Deleted User
Thanks Griffs, Rob beat you to it though already phoned and they are open! :roflmto:

Looking forward to it and weather is currently showing Sunny (albeit chilly) for Sunday!

Fantastic location excellent views and walks, if you got dogs they will love it , infested with rabbits , great for picking sloe's ready for Xmas but watch out for the rambler's they are everywhere , enjoy :thumb:

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Fantastic location excellent views and walks, if you got dogs they will love it , infested with rabbits , great for picking sloe's ready for Xmas but watch out for the rambler's they are everywhere , enjoy :thumb:

Hmm, Sloe Gin....... Love Gin, but never tried Sloe Gin, maybe it's a good excuse to make some!

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Craig have a good weekend just remember That Swansea are at home to Aston Villa on Sunday 1330 kick off.

Rob

S

stagman

Deleted User
Cheers Rob, but I'll be well clear of Swansea on the Sunday, apart from driving back later in the day........

Hi did you enjoy then , what did you think of the place:thumb:

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Brill!

Great site in a great location!

I read a few internet reports that the warden can be a bit unfriendly.......

Not in my experience. Had a long chat with them on Sunday morning, great people and very helpful. Their [STRIKE]big[/STRIKE] huge Alsatian is gorgeous too.

We where getting battered on Saturday night with the wind and rain, but on Sunday the sun came out and a trip to Oxwich was great!

Thanks for the pointer! We'll be back in the summer!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back