LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok, seems a simple problem with a simple solution but boy I can't find it.

I have a new motorhome (in case you didn't know :roflmto:) and it came with a truma regulator on an 8mm nut.
I don't like truma regulators as I have had 2 of the things let me down in quick succession. I therefore bought an expensive Clesse regulator which I want to put back on. Problem is, it's on a 10 mm thread not an 8mm.
so simple thing I want is an 8mm male thread attached to a 10mm female nut. I have tried my local plumbing supply place, and seen various other combinations.

Any one got over this problem ? of course I could change the nut on the can to a 10mm nut but then the Truma wouldnt fit and I would like to keep a spare regulator.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If I understand correctly Paul ....

You need an 8mm to 10mm reducer like this

31kLGeTQM5L._SX270_.jpg

plus a short piece of 10mm pipe with a nut and compression ring ..

ask any plumber to make it up ...

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
If I understand correctly Paul ....

You need an 8mm to 10mm reducer like this

31kLGeTQM5L._SX270_.jpg

plus a short piece of 10mm pipe with a nut and compression ring ..

ask any plumber to make it up ...

Not quite Jim the 8mm side is right, but on the other side I need a 10mm nut with a female thread.
also don't want to get one made up as im really tight for space and it will not let the regulator fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi paul. i sugest you speak to BES the are very helpfull and usually have just about every fitting imaginable . google them . they will send really good catalogue as well.
their no is 0800801090.. i use them alot . you will have to speak to a tec person but they are very handy . or try autogas 2000 01845 523213 they might be able to help. cheers alan.

Last edited:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Paul
First check what is written on the nut on your old reg. The truma will have a metric nut to DIN 2353 Marked on the nut will be 8L if your cleese reg has a nut with 10 L marked on it then the adaptor is easy. If this is the case i will give you the part No and where to buy. The fittings used by Truma are hydraulic fittings not gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back