NFU Insurance (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I've just had an interesting chat with the NFU as it's renewal time...

Last time we went abroad with our RV I rang NFU to ask them if I needed to make them aware of the fact we were going abroad and if they needed dates etc.

The reply was that I didn't need to tell them as I had a 365 day 'green card' and it was on the back of my insurance certificate.

Just chatting with them just now about European cover and they say that if the vehicle is going to be out of the UK for more than 60 days they need to be told.

If the vehicle is going to be on the same campsite for 6 months or more then they need to refer it to the underwriters as the risk is deemed to be at the campsite and not the home address as it is not kept there.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Good heads up Bryan ,

I had a similar discussing with NFU before travelling abroad..

Some assume that because they have 365 EU travel means they can live in it 365 .. ie fulltime . Wrong!

It's always prudent to talk to your insurer and explain exactly what your plans are and getting the appropriate cover .. not doing so can leave you uninsured..

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Good heads up Bryan ,

I had a similar discussing with NFU before travelling abroad..

Some assume that because they have 365 EU travel means they can live in it 365 .. ie fulltime . Wrong!

It's always prudent to talk to your insurer and explain exactly what your plans are and getting the appropriate cover .. not doing so can leave you uninsured..
Hi Jim, just wondered if you knew of an ins co that allows you to full time 365 days per year, as my insurance is due very soon and may be going fulltiming within the next 2/3 months, but dont want ins that will not cover me for it, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back