Hi Newbe here, going back to campervan, from tin box (1 Viewer)

Gotravelcampwild

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Newbe
Hi my Wife and I live on Anglesey, at at the mo have a caravan 2 birth swift Fairway 390.
We are going to trade it in sometime next yr for a Romahome.
Over the yrs we have had a few campervans and done some wild camping,:Smile: but due to the local council not likeing the size of our camper staying by our house we got rid od it.:cry::Doh:
So now i have found out that if we get a small campervan and use it instead of a car they can not do any thing about it lol:thumb:
we are retired so wish to jest go travel.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beckysharpe

Free Member
Sep 24, 2011
Herault France
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi my Wife and I live on Anglesey, at at the mo have a caravan 2 birth swift Fairway 390.
We are going to trade it in sometime next yr for a Romahome.
Over the yrs we have had a few campervans and done some wild camping,:Smile: but due to the local council not likeing the size of our camper staying by our house we got rid od it.:cry::Doh:
So now i have found out that if we get a small campervan and use it instead of a car they can not do any thing about it lol:thumb:
we are retired so wish to jest go travel.

We have recently bought a 1988 Renault Master for this same reason. we can park it in front of our house as it is tall and slim! we have a rear garden and could at great expense make a driveway from the side rd. but too expensive and someone would no doubt park in front of it.
We just did 600 miles in 4 days ....Camargue and Provence, had a great time. (with dog).

We sold the car, it just sat there depreciating and getting an extra ding in the bodywork every week from the 'yummy mummies' in their 4 wheel drives dropping off their little darlings at the nursery school at the end of the road.

the van's big enough for the two of us, plenty of headroom , yet small enough to do a supermarket shop, easy enough to slot in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gotravelcampwild

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Newbe
thanks Beckysharp

thanks::bigsmile: is it a dz or petrol, what mpg are you geting.
So glad you enjoyed your 600 tour:thumb::thumb: and the fact that it fits into a normal carpark space.
What type renault is it, the older shape or the newer shape ?.
What about the bed is it hard to put together ?.

Enjoy it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back