LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Im looking to buy a 12v Javeline pace sky box. anyone have one for sale?

I have a 12v sat receiver but can't pick up so many FTA channels. I have astra satellite but so many channels missing. I spoke to sky and they can send me a card for FTAS for £20 but obviously need a box, Don't want a normal box through an inverter as they drain to much power.

TIA

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sold our Pace Box, and got a Free to Air Box. :thumb: No Sky No card. :Smile:

How many channels do you want Paul. :Smile: Bob.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Sold our Pace Box, and got a Free to Air Box. :thumb: No Sky No card. :Smile:

How many channels do you want Paul. :Smile: Bob.

more a case of what channels TBH.

I would like simply put, BBC 1 2, ITV1&2 Channel 4 (possibly5) and the other FTA channels,. not a lot to ask but my box doesn't seem interested

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Is your box a free sat box ? Or free to Air box, we get loads of channels on Astra 2 but not fiver I think we get channel 5. :Smile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Your free to air receiver should do it !!!
Remember that on free to air they will not be in a sensible order like on a Sky box but once you have found them they can be stored as favourite channels to make selection easier.

It either needs a re-scan of the channels OR you may possibly have a fault with the receiver or LNB on the dish. Why not connect the box to a known working dish in someones house, do a new re-tune and see how it goes.. All the channels you list are already free so no need to buy a card..

Cant help with a Sky box.. I did have several thousand !! Back in 2005 when we took all the stock off Sky.. Cant believe they still fetch as much as they do..!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, why I asked is it a free sat box or free to air is correct me if I'm wrong, ::bigsmile: but with the sky box if it had been off for a while you had to leave it on so sky could update the box, and I was wondering if a free sat box working just like free view without the aerial :winky: and is using EPG data if that is updated the same.

What I do know is the free to air box loads up fast, once you have scanned astra 2 and saved them in your favourites its done. :thumb: Bob.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul dont know what box you have but we had a problem with ours only being able to find certain channels and i cant remember the correct way round but it was to do with the search. If we did it either manual or auto one would find all the channels and the other only Itv and Ch4 so might be worth giving this a try, i only discovered this after buying a new box when i thought old one was faulty then it did same. Hope this helps.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You will get all FTA channels with a standard box.. that is what I used in the van, now used at home..

you are either on the wrong Astra satellite or you need to rescan, I suspect the former.. an easy mistake , try moving the dish just a tad to the east to pick up Astra D ... (check the Astra site for the exact position)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Paul I have one and been using it for a few years and very good,recently sky update the FTA card and I did not bother but by around about route got channel 5 but not the other 5 products but £20 would sort it and will be doing it soon..........

I like mine..............

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
You will get all FTA channels with a standard box.. that is what I used in the van, now used at home..

you are either on the wrong Astra satellite or you need to rescan, I suspect the former.. an easy mistake , try moving the dish just a tad to the east to pick up Astra D ... (check the Astra site for the exact position)

Thank's Jim.
It's actually a Camos dome so I cant rescan it as it is preset. i will research how to update or maybe it's the box.
my box says it gets updates from astra 19.2

Paul I have one and been using it for a few years and very good,recently sky update the FTA card and I did not bother but by around about route got channel 5 but not the other 5 products but £20 would sort it and will be doing it soon..........

I like mine..............

Thanks for teasing me John. What I should of added to my original post is "for sale or dont want!!":Cool:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
surely someone must be able to doctor a sky box and fit a replacement power supply as the internal electronics are at a reduced voltage not 230volt.

hmmm maybe a potential earner here for someone.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The other advantage as well as being 12 volt and being able to take a Sky card is the fact that it has an RF output to run a second telly usually without loads of additional work. IE Scart out to main TV and RF into existing aerial cabling around the van for 2nd or 3rd:Doh: TV Also the RF allows for remote, remote control so you can lay in bed watching Sky on the second TV and still use the remote control.

They are as rare as Hens teeth though second hand. We buy them back from customers from time to time when they upgrade to a FTA box for use with other satellites as well as Astra2

The £80 with a new remote isn't a bad price to be honest it is about what we would charge.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Thanks' to all and the PM.

Special thanks to Eddie, he describes the sittuation and it is about simplicity. I have managed to use other sats on the camos dome and get varying channels as recommended. However the simplicity of the sky box, the list and being able to take a card is the real winner.
I missed out on one that went for only £38 on ebay because of my tightness!! best get on and get another.
AS Aba says, really can't understand why no one makes a simple to use 12 v box that would work just like my sky at home without all the fluffing about.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sky make the boxes and only want systems that are connected to phone lines to ensure that the boxes stay where they're meant to be!

So inverter use only!:winky:

Eddie

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
was going to say updates from 19.2 is the wrong satelite thats for european channels you need astra 2d it should be 28.2 that you update from for all our channels

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Bought mine from Jacksons Satellite in Huddersfield. Usually at all the shows...website is 1oyster or something like that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back