Sep 24, 2011
Herault France
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

This seems a great active forum. We recently bought 'Rita', a Renault Master conversion, she is 'preloved' since 1988 but in generally good condition and we have just returned from our first round trip lasting 4 days including the Camargue, Saintes Maries-de-la-Mer, Lourmarin and Beaucaire and then home. The weather was very wet but no leaks! and we and our dog enjoyed it. Looking forward to meeting you all and learning as we go along from the advice on here. :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Becky, welcome to MotorhomeFun. :thumb:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome

Hope you enjoy Motorhome Fun as much as I do! I am planning a trip to the Camargue next September. Any tips gratefully received!

Catherine

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Welcome to Fun Becky, glad your enjoying your van........

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Thanks all....as for the van, well she is old but in good condition, although we did see a few quizzical looks as we parked on the campsites near the 'posh' vehicles. ::bigsmile:

Well on here there's old, new, ugly, huge you name it, one guy drive around in a black shed, you'll get treated all the same here:winky::thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi all,

This seems a great active forum. We recently bought 'Rita', a Renault Master conversion, she is 'preloved' since 1988 but in generally good condition and we have just returned from our first round trip lasting 4 days including the Camargue, Saintes Maries-de-la-Mer, Lourmarin and Beaucaire and then home. The weather was very wet but no leaks! and we and our dog enjoyed it. Looking forward to meeting you all and learning as we go along from the advice on here. :Smile:
welcome and enjoy the club :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
welcome :thumb:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Hi and welcome, pleased to see you are enjoying the van, clearly you got sorted with the hook up cable.
Geoff.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Bienvenue sur le site!! :thumb:

OP
OP
beckysharpe

beckysharpe

Free Member
Sep 24, 2011
Herault France
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and welcome, pleased to see you are enjoying the van, clearly you got sorted with the hook up cable.
Geoff.

Yes we did thanks, no problems at all, the elec. points were plentiful and we were able to park right next to them in the 3 campsites we tried.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks all....as for the van, well she is old but in good condition, although we did see a few quizzical looks as we parked on the campsites near the 'posh' vehicles. ::bigsmile:

Hi and welcome and whatever Frankie said . Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalut !!!! Bienvenue à bord !!!

Your description sounds like my wife Jackie, so I reckon you've chosen a good-un there.

Griff ........:thumb:

Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Hi there beckysharpe,
Welcome to the woderful world of motorhomes, or I should say campervans in our case. We've had such fun in ours since we bought her last November. We brought Heidi campervan to France for Easter this year and spent a week at Serignan Plage Nature after visiting my sister in Grenoble and some friends in Villefanche de Lonchat near Bordeaux.You are based in our favourite part of France (even though my family come from the Swiss border).
Have fun in your "camping car".

OP
OP
beckysharpe

beckysharpe

Free Member
Sep 24, 2011
Herault France
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
@manxcat, we are not far from Serignan.

Here is 'Rita' enjoying the sunset at Saintes Maries de-la-Mer.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2011
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
@manxman, we are not far from Serignan.

Here is 'Rita' enjoying the sunset at Saintes Maries de-la-Mer.

We bought some wonderful wine for my 60th Birthday party when we were over in Serignan in April. Do you know the small vineyard Domaine de Querelle? The owner was selling his wine "Mas Abel" in the Hyper U and he told us where his vineyard is although we couldn't find it.
We're going to try to find it in July when we come over , it was so gorgeous.

OP
OP
beckysharpe

beckysharpe

Free Member
Sep 24, 2011
Herault France
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
We bought some wonderful wine for my 60th Birthday party when we were over in Serignan in April. Do you know the small vineyard Domaine de Querelle? The owner was selling his wine "Mas Abel" in the Hyper U and he told us where his vineyard is although we couldn't find it.
We're going to try to find it in July when we come over , it was so gorgeous.

According to OH (I have little sense of direction) you come out of the HyperU at Serignan, and then go across the main road (route de Valras) and travel down the side road for approx. one mile to the Domaine de Querelle. It should be signposted, hope this helps.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back