Slow cooker and thermal screens (1 Viewer)

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Hello to everyone again.

Just to say we have now got our 2007 Hymer B514 SL GOLD EDITION. Its fantastic, we love it.
Purchased from Brownhills and i must say, credit where its due, the staff and the experience have so far been great ...... Thankyou !!

On another matter, we shall be away over xmas and wondered if we could use a small slow cooker off the e/ hook up ? Any ideas ?

Also we are looking for an internal OR external thermal screen , there only seems to be 1 or 2 people supplying them but they are a small fortune, does anybody have any ideas where we could locate .:winky:

Thank you !!

Shreky !

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
C A K Tanks (0844 414 2324 for a Catalogue) have all you need to make you own at half the price, (page 41) and it can be done on a Domestic Sewing Machine. Bit of a fiddle with cutting the templates , but well worth it in the end,

Best of luck either way:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Shreky,

We use a slow cooker with EHU sometimes without issue.

As for blinds have you tried Silver Products? I found them to be best priced when I was looking. :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hello to everyone again.
Just to say we have now got our 2007 Hymer B514 SL GOLD EDITION. Its fantastic, we love it.

Also we are looking for an internal OR external thermal screen , there only seems to be 1 or 2 people supplying them but they are a small fortune, does anybody have any ideas where we could locate .:winky:
Thank you !!
Shreky !

We had a Nova external screen-it fell apart after 1 yr-then we bought a Taylormade :thumb:
Fits much better,only had it 6 mths,but so far it was worth paying the extra.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
silver screens

If you ring and talk to the bloke that makes them, he some times has GOOD quality second hand ones for less than a ton.. They are worth every penny..
Mitch

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have a Lloytron 1.5 litre Slow Cooker which we use when on hook up. 240 volts, 120 watts, great for just the two of us, cost us £13 at the Newark Show.
Brisey.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have a Lloytron 1.5 litre Slow Cooker which we use when on hook up. 240 volts, 120 watts, great for just the two of us, cost us £13 at the Newark Show.
Brisey.

You could run it off an inverter, only around 10amps or you can get a 12v one so your dinners ready when you arrive:Smile:
Link Removed

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
slow cooker

:Smile:I have a small slow cooker made by Team. Its chrome and black with a substantial crockpot inside. I've used it umpteem times travelling the last four years. Its nice to get in the van after being out all day and the dinners ready!:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
10A, 100Ah battery, it would be touch and go.

I was thinking you could use it while travelling so 10A would be no prob with the engine running, mind you it would need a secure spot as boiling stew in the back of the neck if you brake hard would be no joke.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was thinking you could use it while travelling so 10A would be no prob with the engine running, mind you it would need a secure spot as boiling stew in the back of the neck if you brake hard would be no joke.

Yes, 10A no problem. But I didn't get where I am today by driving in the middle of a hot stew.

That is not to say that I haven't been in a bit of a pickle whilst driving.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we had a slow cooker and it worked fine on electric hook up, but we now have one of these: http://www.cookequip.co.uk/shop-dream-pot.html :Smile: we have the small size, and do it in the pan on gas for 15 / 20 minutes and put it in the pot and then back in the cupboard where we store it if travelling get it out 4 hours later and serve. :ROFLMAO:

For electric hook up we now have a Remoska if fact we have two, :Doh: but don't ask.:RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

Broken Link Removed

And yes Silver Screens are a must have, and they have to be External to do any good. :thumb: Bob.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You're right. We have an internal silver screen and it's not very impressive. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We often use our Crockpot ( Slow cooker) on hook up - never had a problem.

Bought it in Morrison's in Gibraltar last winter for £20 - brilliant piece of kit :thumb::thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:Smile:I have a small slow cooker made by Team.
I can only please one person a day............ :thumb:

Could you put me down for next Thursday please, can I bring a camera? xx Griff

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Hello to everyone again.

Purchased from Brownhills and i must say, credit where its due, the staff and the experience have so far been great ...... Thankyou !!

On another matter, we shall be away over xmas and wondered if we could use a small slow cooker off the e/ hook up ? Any ideas ?

Thank you !!

Shreky !

Hi and congrats with the new m/home.

The slow cooker is like a light bulb I use mine all the time, plus I carry an induction hob too..the ones that heat a pan of water faster than a kettle can boil it. It works fine too on hook up and I carry it for economy...if I have a free hook up included in the price then I cook on the electric rather than my gas....
As far as the thermal goes I went down that route too and was amazed at the cost.
Whilst walking ina b and q type place I found a roll of thermal insulation, its basically two space blankets with bubble wrap in between them and quite thin.
With the aid of sticky back velco (buy it in a reel from habadashery rather than the expensive pre shaped as they are mega BUT do look better cosmetically.
Cout the thermal wrap for windows door glass and anythin else you want, it says in the instructions you can wrap it round pipes to lag them. Its mega light too.

To do the windscreen you will need two or three strips overlapping.

Cost of material between 10 and 30 quid to do everything,
cost in man hours...priceless as all you would be doing otherwise is the list of chores she gave you.

I also use a strip of the sticky back velcro across the fridge door..ok it may look slightly uncosmetic but when I corner on two wheels the milk stays in the fridge.
Ive done all my windows so in really cold or hot weather I draw the shade after first having put the insulation over the window.

I also found some block insulating material and shaped three pieces to bung in my roof vents and stuck some of the thermal blanket stuff on the top bit to reflect the sun insulate from hot and cold alomg with the thick block stuff, about 2 inches thick, I fashioned it so it just pushes in the hole.

When I switch on the air con it really really cools the place down in no time. In winter the place is toasty warm instantly instead of waiting for the dampness to burn off.

Its all about BTU British thermal units and if your vehicle has 100 cold units coming in through windows vents etc and your heating produces 99 then watch tv in a coat, if your heating produces 201 btu then in a while ya can get naked....if it produces 400btu then get naked as soon as ya switch the heating on.

If I had bought all I have made it would have been prohibitively expensive.

Oh one last thing, the hooks of the velro go on the thing you made the hairs of the velcro go around the window or whereva....its really annoying when ya feelin frisky and realise when you are in the middle of rippin ya jumper off that you are in actual fact now stuck to the window frame where the wrongly placed hooks are.

OP
OP
S

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Hello

Hi Arry !!

Info was invaluable .

Many thanks,

I shall also make sure my other half starts to feel frisky too hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Shreky !!:Cool:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
If you ring and talk to the bloke that makes them, he some times has GOOD quality second hand ones for less than a ton.. They are worth every penny.
Mitch

Got one from Silver Screens, well pleased brought one that was used, but when it arrived it was off a Demo Van and had never been used::bigsmile:...........Del

OP
OP
S

shreky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2011
doncaster
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
privacy room

Hi there to everyone.
Looking for a fiamma 4m large privacy room.
Does anybody have any info good points / bad points on the mentioned ???
Anything would be an advantage.

many thanks
Shreky::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back