Connecting TV to EHU bollards (1 Viewer)

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I seem to remember reading that Camping Marjal Eco had TV connections on the EHU bollards and from a picture I have seen of the bollards there does appear to be connectors.
My question is: I have a cable with male coax connectors at both ends (one connects to the external supply on my van) presumably the other end connects to the bollard. What is that connection? Is it a female coax or an F type (screw on).
If I can get that question sorted the next question is: how do you tune the tv to pick up a signal from a bollard? Would you use the normal digital tuning or what?
Not bothered about a lot of TV but the news would be great. My satellite set up would not be powerful enough to pick up any English TV.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
With those type of systems the signals are sent down the cables within the standard UHF TV band.. ie Analogue channels 21-69...
The bollard connection could be anything.. I would leave your lead with the standard TV plug on (belling lee) and get a TV barrel connector so you can adapt it easily, not expensive try ebay or maplins.
You can also get TV to "F" connectors to cover that option..
So you would need to make sure your TV is set to Analogue and not the new digital service, do a channel search and you should get the pictures. HOWEVER.. As they are "foreign" designed and installed systems you may not get sound. If this happens then check your TV's menu to se if there is a setting to change from PAL I (UK) to PAL B/G (continental).. Set on B/G and you should have sound.

Or send me a plane ticket and I'll be on my way :winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Thanks both of you. We have a Maplins quite close in Cheltenham so I will arm myself with a set of adapters and gender changers just in case.
I made a cable up after staying on a CC site many years ago (terrible TV reception but connectors on the EHU bollards) and have not yet used it.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
With those type of systems the signals are sent down the cables within the standard UHF TV band.. ie Analogue channels 21-69...

Most of the UK has now changed over to digital.. in which case either tune the Freeview digi box, or the internal digital tuner in the TV.. just as you would at home .

digital change over dates here Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back