Parking in London (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Are there any car parks in London that will take a motorhome?

My family want to have a day siteseeing on the way back to Yorkshire, but i doubt there are any car parks in central London that take seven meter motorhomes.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I know of two just on the East side of Westminster Bridge, both will take a motorhome. Both well sign posted as you go round the first roundabout at the Park Plaza Hotel . Griff

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some details Here.

Depending on where you are staying you might find it easier to park up outside London and get the train/tube into town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

christine1310

Free Member
Dec 30, 2009
Southampton
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
You could try Waterloo Place just off Pall Mall, but I would only use that on Sundays and early in the day. It's right in the centre for all the tourist stuff. If you look at the street view on Google maps it will give you an idea of how long/wide the bays are.

Chris

Actually I would ignore this as I have just realised your MH is 7m long.

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i was down there a few weeks ago in a 6 .5 mt camper parked at Westminster just a street away from nelsons column parked on street bay .£14.50 for three hours .:whatthe:
had no problem parking or driving in London .:Cool:
don't forget the congestion charge :Angry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Personally I wouldn't take the MH into London.

Ask the Wardens at Abbey Wood if you can park up for the day in their late arrivals section. They are nice wardens there at the moment.

You can then take the train in and back out. You are then well placed for the m25 and M1

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks to everyone for your London parking tips.

In the end I drove out to Hendon, as that was on the right side of London for me to make a quick getaway up the M1 back to Yorkshire.

It took me a while to find a space to park as Brent council seem to have every street parking spot covered with a system where you have to phone in and pre-pay for the parking.

I did park for 1.5 hours in Golders Green on the way to Hendon, and had a lovely Turkish meal on the High Street there.

That parking cost me £3, which wasn't too bad, although for a few pounds more I could have had a lovely site in the Yorkshire Dales complete with an EHU and a beautiful view. Someone please remind me why I drove all the way from Yorkshire to London ;-)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Someone please remind me why I drove all the way from Yorkshire to London ;-)

Because London is a wonderful place with fantastic history and loads to do.

ps If you drove from central london to Hendon you pretty much went past us, you could have had dinner here for nothing :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Because London is a wonderful place with fantastic history and loads to do.

ps If you drove from central london to Hendon you pretty much went past us, you could have had dinner here for nothing :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was only joking :)

We had an amazing time right from the moment we arrived. My sat nav took us pretty much straight through the center (partly my fault for not doing as I was told). It was after 8pm so the traffic has died down and we kept on moving all the time.

We had a wonderful day shopping in London (Foyles, Blackwells, Waterstones for me and A&F and Hamleys for the kids) before heading up to Wembley for the England v Spain match.

The new Wembley stadium was breathtakingly good. As we walked out of the concourse into the stadium itself my jaw dropped it was that good, and with nearly 90,000 people in the crowd the atmosphere was superb.

I really wouldn't have thought London was the ideal place for a motorhome, but I had no trouble at all. I think all the other drivers must have thought I was crazy, as surely nobody in their right mind would dream of driving a 7m motorhome straight through the centre.

And the transport system in London has to be THE best value for money. It cost just over £7 for a pass for the day and that seemed to let us going anywhere on buses, tubes, trains, etc. Heck, it costs about that much just to travel from Leeds to Harrogate.

Next time I'm down I'll make sure to pop-in for Sunday lunch ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back