lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi just wondering if you could help me on behalf of my brother. Hi has Sky Go on his laptop but when he takes it to his apartment in Spain he cant watch it as he is out of UK. He has been told if he downloads a proxy server he could watch it via this. So my question is what is a proxy server and will this work if so how does he get one.

Gerry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am your man here Gerry... can definitely help with this one.

I use a proxy server. It is a bit of software that fools websites into thinking you are in a different place to the one you are...

There are hundreds of "free" ones but I found them all to be useless (loads of ads come with them etc)

So I pay... around $18 per year for mine and I can "appear" to be in various places in England or the USA... works pretty well...

http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/index.htm

And it is 100% legal...

JJ

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi just wondering if you could help me on behalf of my brother. Hi has Sky Go on his laptop but when he takes it to his apartment in Spain he cant watch it as he is out of UK. He has been told if he downloads a proxy server he could watch it via this. So my question is what is a proxy server and will this work if so how does he get one.

Gerry

Sounds like JJ has the answer, how does he know that? Is it used for ALIBI reasons?

Who knows, I did want to mention that our IT guy at work whenever our system crashes he always blames the "Poxy Server" I'll get more info and get back to you......Griff:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back