Water leaking out (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Ive just arrived on a site. It is pitch black.

I've filled the water tank up, but when i turned on the taps the water just trickled out. I tried flushing the toilet and again just a trickle.

Then i heard water coming out under the van. I went to investigate and the water seems to be coming somewhere between the rear wheels, about two foot in.

The MH is only four months old and i am the only driver so i am sure ive not scaped the underneath or anything.

Does anyone have any idas what i should do?

I would ring the people who we bought it off but alas, that was Discover Leisure and they are no longer in business.

It is going to be a tough weekend without water unless I can figure out how to fix it :Sad:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Have you checked your frost protection valve? Temperatures have dropped. Will be adjacent to the hot water system.

Steve

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I agree with Steve it's the frost valve dropping the water for protection. Pete :thumb:

Ps nice van Steve :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I agree with Steve it's the frost valve dropping the water for protection. Pete :thumb:

Ps nice van Steve :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Don't worry, if it's not an automatic frost dump valve it will be a truma system, go behind the habitation radiator and you will see the water heater (a round tub) where the water pipes go in and out of this tub you will see a yellow lever that is a manual dump valve to drain the heater, if the lever is in the upright position it is open, move the lever to the horizontal position and this will close the water drain valve. :thumb:

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
We had the same problem last week .Never gave a thought to it being a frost control issue , until a quick scan of the boiler instruction book suggested the frost control dump valve had opened . Reset by pressing the dump valve button ,,,, sorted.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thankyou so much to everyone.

Hopefully you are right about the frost valve thing.

I just need to find it now and then figure whst to do with it when I do :Smile:

If anyone as a Burstner and knows exactly what i am looking for and where to look that would be cool.

I will let you know how it goes.

And thanks again!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thankyou so much to everyone.

Hopefully you are right about the frost valve thing.

I just need to find it now and then figure whst to do with it when I do :Smile:

If anyone as a Burstner and knows exactly what i am looking for and where to look that would be cool.

I will let you know how it goes.

And thanks again!

I hope you are sorted now.

Our valve is in the boot immediately to the right as you open it. In the most awkward place that Burstner could think of. There is a round White lid which twists off and the valve swiitch is behind that.

Good luck. it has happened to us loads of times. Best to check it's ok from now on before you fill.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
My Truma frost protection valve looks like this....

Link Removed

The red button on the top resets the valve. Some people hold them in the open position with a clothes peg, but beware if you forget to remove it, could result in a lot of damage.

We leave the locker door slightly ajar so as the air is warm around the valve, so this stops it "dumping"....:thumb:

Good luck..

Callum

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Don't worry, if it's not an automatic frost dump valve it will be a truma system, go behind the habitation radiator and you will see the water heater (a round tub) where the water pipes go in and out of this tub you will see a yellow lever that is a manual dump valve to drain the heater, if the lever is in the upright position it is open, move the lever to the horizontal position and this will close the water drain valve. :thumb:

er-this could possibly be read to indicate that a Truma system will not have an automatic dump valve.Our Truma boiler has both-the manual switch is in a red pipe line,and is a red lever.
The auto dump valve is next to that and is a black housing with a knob that looks like a 'pushpin' on the top.When the knob is at it's highest the valve is closed,when the pin drops (only about 0.5 cms) the valve is open.
The practice of putting a clothes -peg or small clamp on this knob to prevent it from 'auto-dumping' is frowned upon-but effective :roflmto:
Mike.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sorted!

Thanks to the suggestions and the pic I finally figured out where it is. On my MH you cannot actually see it as it is hidden behind a black box. I had a feel round for a button and there it was.

It has just turned midnight and we have just got back after watching England beat Spain at Wembley. I don't want to wake everyone else on the sute up so ptting more water in will have to wait until morning.

Fingers crossed that button has done the trick ::bigsmile:

Thanks y'all

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Sorted!

Thanks to the suggestions and the pic I finally figured out where it is. On my MH you cannot actually see it as it is hidden behind a black box. I had a feel round for a button and there it was.

It has just turned midnight and we have just got back after watching England beat Spain at Wembley. I don't want to wake everyone else on the sute up so ptting more water in will have to wait until morning.

Fingers crossed that button has done the trick ::bigsmile:

Thanks y'all
aa
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What do you need water for ? Get drunk and celebrate England beating spain and get a wash in the morning in the water your body has filltered HA! HA!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
[HI]er-this could possibly be read to indicate that a Truma system will not have an automatic dump valve[/HI].Our Truma boiler has both-the manual switch is in a red pipe line,and is a red lever.
The auto dump valve is next to that and is a black housing with a knob that looks like a 'pushpin' on the top.When the knob is at it's highest the valve is closed,when the pin drops (only about 0.5 cms) the valve is open.
The practice of putting a clothes -peg or small clamp on this knob to prevent it from 'auto-dumping' is frowned upon-but effective :roflmto:
Mike.

That is correct Mike, my system is a Truma Ultrastore Rapid XL gas and electric fuelled, it does not have an auto/frost protect dump valve.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
That button did do the trick.

I filled her half up in the morning and not a drop came out. Yippee!

There was me thinking that somehow I'd caught the under carriage on something and would end up with a big repair bill.

I love this forum!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back