Discover Leisure another hard luck tale (1 Viewer)

fellmaster

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Funster No
Exp
The day before Discover went belly up I was due to collect and pay for a MH retained under a deposit . I got a tele call with inside info that they were in trouble so I delayed collection and kept hold of my hard earned cash.

What I did not realise was that discover had already registered and taxed it my name for the next 6 months and a week or two later the reg document arrived .

I am therefore the reg keeper of a vehicle I do not own . I tracked the vehicle back to the finance company in the hope of dealing direct with them but they had already sold it on at cost to another dealer .

Unseen and prior to arrival the dealer agreed to let sell me the vehicle under the same terms but when it arrived they contacted me and jacked the price up by a considerable margin.:Angry:

I politley refused . I also politely refused to send them the registration document.

How simple it would have been to go to to new aquiring dealer , pay over the money and drive away . Now they will have to apply for new reg document and and add a further owner to the vehilcle.

I dont think I have any legal redress as as I was never the legal owner . Frustrating tho Money waiting, the MH sat in prep and ready to go

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi

Sorry to hear your problems.

The group that are extremely helpful on consumer issues like the one you have posted is called the Consumer Action Group - google it and join.

They have solicitors, barristers and field experts as well as others who will give you advice.

Its then up to you what you do with the advice.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just watch out for speeding tickets and parking fines as you are the registered keeper of the vehicle you will be the first person they will contact and you then have to prove it wasn't you.

could be a lot of trouble for you.
best thing to do is return the log book to Dvla with a covering note explaining whats gone on or put the new dealer down as the new keeper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
fellmaster

fellmaster

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Funster No
Exp
Hi

Sorry to hear your problems.

The group that are extremely helpful on consumer issues like the one you have posted is called the Consumer Action Group - google it and join.

They have solicitors, barristers and field experts as well as others who will give you advice.

Its then up to you what you do with the advice.

wow that was quick,

I dont think I have proverbial to stand on . I have no financial interest in it I luckliy paid the deposit by credit card which has been honoured back by the bank

Does anyone have a 3 year or less Bess 560 FB they want to sell????:Smile:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
try johns cross motorhomes
peter normally comes good in theses situations:thumb:

OP
OP
fellmaster

fellmaster

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Funster No
Exp
just watch out for speeding tickets and parking fines as you are the registered keeper of the vehicle you will be the first person they will contact and you then have to prove it wasn't you.

could be a lot of trouble for you.
best thing to do is return the log book to Dvla with a covering note explaining whats gone on or put the new dealer down as the new keeper.

good point
I know its taxed and I also know its still in prep so it wont be going anywhere yet - Its not the best time to sell MHs so I think I will wait a week or so - They know I have the tin for it and I have a feeling there yet may be a deal to be done
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the other thing to take on board is that it has been registered so it is now a used van

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
try johns cross motorhomes
peter normally comes good in theses situations:thumb:

Funnilly enough I do have a couple of end lounge E695's, one 1997 and one 2008.

As to the Discover problem, as they went into liguidation and you are having your deposit returned, you cannot insist upon completing the deal.

Discover may have been desperate to raise cash and sold the Bessecar to you at a well reduced price to do a quick deal hence the increased cost at new dealer, just an assumption on my part but could be correct.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back