Hello there! (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
I'm not sure how to do this blogging & threading but, here goes....We, Catherine & Richard, have had a campervan for just a year now after camping in a tent for 25 years in France. We have a Westfalia Big Nugget which is great as it has 5 seats and we have 3 grandchildren. We've had such fun in our first year and have done 7000 miles which is pretty good as we live in the Isle of Man.
I haven't seen any other Big Nuggets around....are there any out there?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I'm not sure how to do this blogging & threading but, here goes....We, Catherine & Richard, have had a campervan for just a year now after [HI]camping in a tent for 25 years in France. [/HI]We have a Westfalia Big Nugget which is great as it has 5 seats and we have 3 grandchildren. We've had such fun in our first year and have done 7000 miles which is pretty good as we live in the Isle of Man.
I haven't seen any other Big Nuggets around....are there any out there?

Anything must be a luxury after spending 25 years in a tent:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manxcat
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
LOL!!
We have ventured to the Mainland a few times. Wantage in January, France in April, Scotland in August & a tour in the UK in October which took in our dealer in Winnersh for the first service and then Chipping Sodbury and Malvern. We go out most weekends here in the IOM too. Great fun.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Catherine & Richard, welcome to the Fun. We have a Manx funsters :thumb:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Catherine and Richard :welcomefunster:
We too live on the Island,Peel and love our motorhoming and try to get away as often as we can.
Its a great forum and no question is to silly to ask,just some of the answers might be.
Steve,Jinxia and Yingying:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Catherine and Richard :welcomefunster:
We too live on the Island,Peel and love our motorhoming and try to get away as often as we can.
Its a great forum and no question is to [HI]silly[/HI] to ask,just [HI]some of the answers might be[/HI].
Steve,Jinxia and Yingying:thumb:

Hi Catherine and Richard, Welcome to the fun. I bought my M/H from Glen Cooper on the Isle of Man. Never been there though.

Glen tells me that you can still leave your back door unlocked out there and no fear of thieving sods, is that right.

If so I'm coming out to clean up, mind you getting away could be a problem.

......Griff:welcome:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Catherine & Richard, welcome to MotorhomeFun :Smile::thumb:

Gorsecover59

Free Member
Jun 6, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Swift,Lifestyle 530l
Exp
new
Hi...............

Hi Catherine and Richard,
Welcome to the site...........we are also new here and have only had our Motorhome a few months.
We also have the problem of needing to leave (The Rock) in order to go anywhere as we live in Jersey.
Have managed 30 nights in our Van so far and only had it since June but next year will be a whole new world for us.
Take care
Martin and Heidi

OP
OP
Manxcat
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Isle of Man

Hi Griff,
Some people still leave their doors unlocked but not many. Since they abolished the Birch there is a lot more crime. It's still worth a visit if you can afford the extortionate ferry fares, although a motorhome isn't much more than a car. It's just VERY expensive for us to get off here.

OP
OP
Manxcat
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Hi Martin & Heidi.
Yes it can be a problem getting off the rock with bad weather being a problem for us. Wind of course cancels ferries but fog is also a problem with getting in to Heysham ......a very narrow channel across Morecambe Bay sandbanks and a narrow harbour entrance. Ther's even been an incident in the Mersey in the fog !! But the compensations are many.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Griff,
Some people still leave their doors unlocked but not many. [HI]Since they abolished the Birch there is a lot more crime.[/HI] It's still worth a visit if you can afford the extortionate ferry fares, although a motorhome isn't much more than a car. It's just VERY expensive for us to get off here.

Are all you other Funsters reading this, re my post from about a month ago, there is no fear of being caught:-

Birching works, corporal punishment works,
hanging works for ever.............Griff

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Hello and :welcomefunster: 's