Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thought it a good idea to repeat this post

All cold weather campers, please don't forget to check your Carbon Monoxide detectors. They do have a finite life and need renewing every few years. If you have not got one, they cost around anything between £20 and £40 but are definitely worth having. When you check your detectors take the time to check and the vents and flues are not obstructed. In addition have your heaters, boilers Fridges and gennies serviced regularly.

Known as the silent killer, Carbon Monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas produced by incomplete burning of fuel, such as propane, petrol, natural gas, wood and charcoal. If we inhale enough of it we will die. Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning include nausea, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, breathing difficulty and confusion -- but they are general enough to be confused with the flu so be aware of this.

Ive just ordered a new one from amazon for just £20 It has a readout telling you parts per million(I love a gadget) http://amzn.to/tka8N6 (thats a fun affiliate link) It should be with me tomorrow, I'll let you know what its like:thumb:

41nfXKt3QTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Good post Jim .. :thumb:

also available from LLoyds Pharmacy for a tenner

Link Removed

SKU: 6473946

The Kidde 9CO5 battery operated carbon monoxide alarm utilizes sophisticated electronic components to protect you and your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. Ensure you are always protected against the dangers of carbon monoxide with the alarms 85 decibels warning alarm and 5 years manufacturers' warranty.

Features:

• Battery powered alarm - provides protection even during a power cut
• Easy to set up
• End-of-life warning - alerts you that the alarm needs to be replaced after 7 years of protection
• Loud 85dB alarm - designed to wake you up as you sleep
• Test/Reset button - allows you to immediately silence the alarm and test the alarm electronics
• 5 year manufacturers warranty

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have 2 in the van, 1 in the top bunk space and 1 in the main space. The top bunk is a semi enclosed space and better to be safe than sorry.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We have a bird in a cage every time it smells gas it shouts Oh! yer Bugger! Oh! yer Bugger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have one and always have. It gets tested and reset every day. I nearly died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning when I was 21years old.

I was working in Scotland and was living alone. I had arranged to meet with some friends for a pint at about 8-30pm but fell asleep in the chair.
When I didnt show up they called round to give me a knock. They knew that I was in because the lights were on and the telly was on.

I was unconcious in the armchair when they broke the lock on the door and came in. They saved my life. They told me that the only reason that they gave me a knock was because it was so unlike me not to keep an appointment.

Jim

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Thing is Jim, you are hardly doing a product test are you.......if you stay alive...its OK,...........if you don't, ........you won't be posting anyway:ROFLMAO:

What you need to do, is sit in your MH with everything on and the alarm there, and have your finger over the send button of a pre typed message, so if the worse comes to the worse, you will slump forward and your finger will hit the button sneding.........."Its crap":ROFLMAO:, now THAT is product testing::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thing is Jim, you are hardly doing a product test are you.......if you stay alive...its OK,...........if you don't, ........you won't be posting anyway:ROFLMAO:

What you need to do, is sit in your MH with everything on and the alarm there, and have your finger over the send button of a pre typed message, so if the worse comes to the worse, you will slump forward and your finger will hit the button sneding.........."Its crap":ROFLMAO:, [HI]now THAT is product testing[/HI]::bigsmile:

Incorrect: that is dedication, full marks for volunteering ...............:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

What you need to do, is sit in your MH with everything on and the alarm there, and have your finger over the send button of a pre typed message, so if the worse comes to the worse, you will slump forward and your finger will hit the button sneding.........."Its crap":ROFLMAO:, now THAT is product testing::bigsmile:

So you assume I'm the one breathing in the gas during testing :ROFLMAO: I've alway been big on delegation. ::bigsmile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Cheers jim,for the heads up,mine just arrived:thumb:

Last edited:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
So you assume I'm the one breathing in the gas during testing :ROFLMAO: I've alway been big on delegation. ::bigsmile:

Sounds perfect for Bob a Job week..when the scouts come round.

( saw a cartoon this week .......2 scouts one says "What's a bob ??"

The other one replies ..."No idea....what's a job :Smile:??" )

barry

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So you assume I'm the one breathing in the gas during testing :ROFLMAO: I've alway been big on [HI]delegation[/HI]. ::bigsmile:

There is a chasm of difference between delegation and abdication, (chicken)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sounds perfect for Bob a Job week..when the scouts come round.

( saw a cartoon this week .......[HI]2 scouts[/HI] one says "What's a bob ??"

The other one replies ..."No idea....[HI]what's a job[/HI] :Smile:??" )

barry

Obviously this was 3rd foot & mouth scouse scouts then.......:roflmto:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bump.

Now down to £18.79 at [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/900-0230-Battery-Premium-Monoxide-Digital/dp/B0030BEM0K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321277272&sr=8-1"]Amazon[/ame]

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have two in the RV

I have two in the RV.. one is battery type and bleeps when the battery is near the end of it's life, but we change the batteries every year.. yes it works.. just forget to put the venturi on the generator pipe and the exhaust fumes will come in via the roof vent..

The other which is just as important is the one located on the floor that goes off (hot wired) if we clean the carpet with the Bessel took with the spray can foam.. that really upsets it.

But the warning is worth giving.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back